Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, fitted it in very temporarily, but it works ok.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is an A6 one that I did at the weekend, same as teh A8 and Q7

Not video, although it does have a video output for driving rear screens etc in the A8 (RSE) and it is not compatible with an RNS-E which is why it is posted into the MMI section.

It works very well once configured correctly, it emulates a CD changer for selection.

CD's 1-4 are the first 4 playlists on the Ipod
CD 5 plays all
CD 6 is menu mode where you can browse the whole Ipod or memory stick and choose by playlist/album/artiste etc.

With nothing plugged in it is in AUX input mode.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It costs 420 euros + shipping

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
There is plenty of MP3 compatible CD changers ...the question is if it is RNS-E complatible. I find it kinda weird that Audi own OEM CDC doesn't translate RNS-E protocols corectly....unless they did something to new realease.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PROXUS said:
There is plenty of MP3 compatible CD changers ...the question is if it is RNS-E complatible. I find it kinda weird that Audi own OEM CDC doesn't translate RNS-E protocols corectly....unless they did something to new realease.
RNS-E? Isn't this about the MMI? The MP3 CD changer for the MMI is connected to the MOST and does allows CD Text (always did) and ID3 Tag info (new) do be displayed on the MMI screen. Neither is an option with any RNS-E CD changer.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
craigyb said:
Ok, fitted it in very temporarily, but it works ok.

Interesting box , if I have well understood this interface allows to input in the MMI also an audio-video source and via usb an hd ?
And what we can see in your picture is only for Ipod or every source can be interfaced as an original one?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No video, the video is an output on the Dension box only that can drive anotehr screen or something.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I've fitted a Gateway 500 in my A8 and every 2 days I've a litlle problem with MMI wich goes on panic. I'me obliged to cut the power to the Dension and to reset MMI and after this everything it's OK. Any help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
TDiAvant said:
Have you got the latest firmware on the Dension? The 1.0 version fixed a few faults for me.
My interface was coming with firmware 1.0 so I really don't understand...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts