Audi Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just spoke with my friend in Europe and he got original Audi firmware version 0020. He will try to reflash EEPROM and load 0020 into blank unit.

I will keep you posted about progress ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Wow, definately keep us up to the minute. This would be very cool and I'd go for the EU unit without a doubt.

The modyfing the DVD (along with some problems of missing streets) is what's really holding me back from buying the EU unit right now.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is no problem with missing streets or patching maps.
I just updated 2 units to software 0100 and maps are working fine.

[siteimg:b2fdbc8fe2]78[/siteimg:b2fdbc8fe2]

Of course if we will find a way to load firmware 0020 it will be much easier
and original maps will work right out of the box ;)

·
Registered
209 Posts
I thought people were having problems seeing streets when zooming in? As in, the streets names were there, but the actualy street "lines" were not.

I thought I had read about two people having this issue...I guess not?

So now...is the only difference the SAT radio? Everything else between the US and EU units is indentical?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was a problem with streets with firmware lower than 0100. As you see on the picture I did update of the unit from 0050 to 0100 and everything is fine.
No streets problems anymore.

Now it's time to figure it out how to switch to US firmware (currently 0020)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yeah, please let us know if a US firmware upgrade is possible! I would love to kill the "colour" and other queen's english scattered about.

·
Registered
23 Posts
street names?

I checked and have Current Software dated May, 2002 - does anyone know if this is the current US version? I still cannot get street names on my display...

ANd have you figured out a solution for the SAT radio interface with the Nav Plus?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There was no RNS-E in 2002, the oldest software version you should see is 0050 from 2003 (for the EU unit) and 0020 from 2004 (for the US unit). You are talking about the DVD based RNS-E and not the CD based Nav+ (RNS-D), are you?

·
Registered
23 Posts
current software?

My Nav system is from EU, and I am not sure where to see the 0020. If I go to the software update screen, it give me a date of May 2002 - that is all I know. Where can I see the version #? And, if it is old, where can I get current software updates?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
reneadam - since your system is an RNS-D, shouldn't you be posting in the CD Navigation Plus topic?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you are using CDs as map and buttons on the left and right side of the screen, then you have the CD Nav Plus. If you are using DVDs as map, if your device can read SD cards and has only button on the right side to of the screen, then you have the DVD based RNS-E...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts