Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did some testing based on AudiA4B6US firmware modification and reversal theory and I managed to swap firmware from EU to US. This is not an update but complete swap. After this process, any unit with this firmware loaded will take automatic updates for new US maps. It is still in testing stage so I will post more results after I install few units in my car and let them comunicate with the rest of accessories and Bluetooth interface.

Those are both EU units 8E0 035 192 D with replaced firmware:

[siteimg:57bc229553]554[/siteimg:57bc229553]

[siteimg:57bc229553]555[/siteimg:57bc229553]

·
Registered
530 Posts
What's with the clock display at the bottom of the screen?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
those pictures were taken during bench testing. Since they are not connected to the car, there is no data for clock. I will post more info after units will be fully tested and connected to the car.

Good news is that VAG is actually showing change from EU HIGH to US3 specs used by E / F / J units =D>

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just tested those units with VAG and looks like every segment was replaced by US firmware. Check this screen below:

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I did additional testing with unit connected to the car. I drove around to check all possible functionality problems but unit work flawlessly. Main concern was to get it working with bluetooth but no problems with that either.
Look like unit is 100% converted to US, except few minor details (like CD/TV button instead of CD/SD, but who cares :D )

[siteimg:063c237219]558[/siteimg:063c237219]

[siteimg:063c237219]559[/siteimg:063c237219]

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you open them up you will see that the radio tuner is actually different dependent on the region the unit was build for. Not that it make a fucntional difference but there is at least a technical difference.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes....pretty much the only difference between EU and US would be text print on CD/TV button (TV instead of SD), model number D instead of E or F and radio tuner. Those are all cosmetic differencies though.

Since US firmware is loaded into EU unit directly from DVD maps (not modified upgrade disc), you got 1:1 firmware upgrade (like going from US 0020 to 0110). This should allow automatic updates in the future.

I guess it is as close as we can get with converting EU units to US ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
will this work with 8EO 035 192 C

I have a Nav for a a4 model 8EO 035 192 C I am looking to use it here in the US - Anyone know what need to be done to get this to work?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: will this work with 8EO 035 192 C

diablo343001 said:
I have a Nav for a a4 model 8EO 035 192 C I am looking to use it here in the US - Anyone know what need to be done to get this to work?
Check the quick links, all you need to know is there.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I really don't like that Alex gets now all the credit :lol:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
PROXUS said:
I mentioned your name in my first post :lol:
I know, I was joking. Otherwise you would have gotten a :x or :evil: .

·
Registered
22 Posts
What is involved to do the swap? Was it just following AudiA4B6US' post about the two step upgrade from an low version number software unit or is there some other means to swap the firmware?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Once you changed the region by creating a patched updated CD you do the VAG-COM change in channel 97 and load whatever software you have on DVD from the same region. Without VAG-COm you would be stuck with the highSOFIDX only, with VAG-COM you can reset the SOFIDX to whatever is on the map DVD you have.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Nothing needs to be special about the patched cd, correct? (That is to say it's the standard modification SOFTVER and NAVVER in INDEX.TXT and replacing V222 with V220 in LOADING.KWI where the version normally ends up as X--?)

Thanks for all your works guys... Very impressive.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Correct, plus in Loading.kwi replace the 4 character version between the V222/V220 as well. If you used V2200123A in INDEX.TXT, use the 0123A in LOADING.KWI as well.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts