Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ppl;

Can some1 tell me how the cross in navigation system goes...does the cross move's every second or stop 3/4 seconds,,,then move's again. Sometimes in my rns-e, the cross move's always...then stop a few second's tehn move's again...it is normal?? :?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
It sounds like the unit is not getting the speed signal correctly from the cluster. We can help you diagnose further if you tell us which vehcle you have, the VAG coding you used, and what plug and play harness you have (if you know).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Since your A4 gets the speed signal from CAN, the adapter should not be the reason for the issue you are seeing.

If you are in Europe you could go into Engineering Mode and check the current coding and whether or not a speed signal is detected by your RNS-E. To get into Engineering Mode, press the NAV button, then press the upper left MMI button for 10 seconds and immediatly press the right upper MMI button until the screen changes. As part of the navi data you can see the speed, and somewhere under General there is the current coding (if you are using Euro software 0330 or newer).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oi ppl;

The enginner mode gave me this settings

Vehicle signal rev OFF

Location Information
Learning ON
Distance 0.832
Speed Level HI
Pulse -6
Tire Circule - 1930
Impalse/Rotation -8

The speed signal is on because i have the speed signal in the nav...

So?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
You need to eliminate few possibilities...

Where your antenna is located?
Do you have any option like automatic speed wipers?
Did you check connections of your adapter?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi ppl;

about those questions:

Where your antenna is located? In the roof, sharkfin antenna
Do you have any option like automatic speed wipers? No
Did you check connections of your adapter? The adapter when i go to my audi dealer and they connect to the vag system, the rns-e give response so i think it is ok.

It's really a strange, the cross in the nav never has the same behaviour,and because of that, sometimes the rns-e give wrong informations.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
alphasil said:
Did you check connections of your adapter? The adapter when i go to my audi dealer and they connect to the vag system, the rns-e give response so i think it is ok.
That only tells you that the power and K-line are attached - nothing else!!!

Many RNS-E adapters are supplied with faulty wiring - if you didn't check the connections when you installed your RNS-E now would be a good time to do so.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
alphasil said:
can some1 give me the part number of the rns-e adapter?
It's not an Audi part.

OK back to basics question - did your car come from the factory with the RNS-E fitted? If it did then your car doesn't have an adapter.

If you, or some previous owner, changed the radio to an RNS-E then you have an adapter. The adapter can be bought from many different sources (most of the sellers on this forum, Kufatec, Ralf Deventer, ...).

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Adapter

Hi;

My rns-e was bought in ebay, and the adapter was bought from Deventer..Next week i'll go to my audi dealer i will ask them to give me a print from the vag-code.
It's better to trying 2 undersatnd what's going on.

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts