Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HELP PLEASE !

I have finished my BT installation to OEM RNS-E installation. All wiring/connections were followed strickly from links on this forum.

I now am able to communicate to BT and RNS-E through VAG-COM and have coded the BT to 0010722, my RNS-E is coded to 0229513 of which im unsure about the 3rd digit surely this should be a 0, have tried to recode but no change as if this is an invalid code !

3 fault codes showing, 1 - 77-Telephone not registered
2 - 08-HVAC, 01301 - Control Module for Voice Recognition (J507)
004 - No Signal/Communication
3 - 19-CAN, 01044 - Control Module Incorrectly Coded
000 - -

Vehicle is A3 (8P) unsure where to go next with this any ideas, also the HU 'TEL' button shows no tel connected still !!
If these DTC are cleared they apear again immediatly

:!:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What part numbe ris your phone interface and what happens when you clear the faults? Do the come back?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
The clue is the "A3"

You need to reprogram the CAN gateway 19

Use the long coding helper in VAG COM to add telephone

That will remove fault codes 1 & 3 for sure. Maybe even fault 2

10722 is the correct coding for the phone module.

But I'm not sure about your RNS-E coding, in the UK we use a 7 for the 3rd digit a 0xxx7xx for modules C,F,H or M and a 2 for modules A,D & E so it would be 0xxx2xx

Craig

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
All sorted now thanks.

Problems were down to the Long coding for the CAN gateway.

RNS-E coded to 0229713 any idea of what the 3 digit '2' represents can find listings for '0' & '1' only, factory set to '2' should this be changed to '0'

Also I can't seem to open channel 62 in 17-Instruments adaptation, just wanted to check the DIS was set up for Telephone. Is this on another channel in A3 (8P) ??

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Cruelworld said:
Also I can't seem to open channel 62 in 17-Instruments adaptation, just wanted to check the DIS was set up for Telephone. Is this on another channel in A3 (8P) ??
On the A3 this is achieved by the CAN gateway coding, not by changing the adaptation value in the instruments.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Cruelworld said:
Any idea about the RNS-E coding ?? '2' for 3 digit ??
Nope. Only ever seen 0 and 1 before - but if it works OK leave it alone! (If it ain't broke, don't fix it!!!)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts