Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Managed to code DIS but the control module coding for the RNS-E itself did not take.

I attempted

Current coding is

I do not have telephone/CDC/Satellite currently, but do intend to add them. Would this be the reason the code is not working?

Thanks

·
Registered
530 Posts
Did you definitely enter the leading zero?

I've had issues with the dealers equipment (VAS-5051) not being able to code the RNS-E correctly (I think because no leading zero was entered) but had no problems recoding with VAGCOM even when I was coding it for the bluetooth module that I was yet to install.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alister said:
Did you definitely enter the leading zero?

I've had issues with the dealers equipment (VAS-5051) not being able to code the RNS-E correctly (I think because no leading zero was entered) but had no problems recoding with VAGCOM even when I was coding it for the bluetooth module that I was yet to install.
I definitely did add the leading zero. Any other ideas?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Try coding it to 0111111 first and then try to recode it to 0509338.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The first 3 in your coding won't work with USA firmware...that is why it does not work. Try coding 0509638 with phone or 0509138 without phone.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Values in soft coding are related to each other. Sometimes 2 values for particulat functions can't exist in the same string.

Coding for A6 unit start with 502 for A4 301.
If you have problem changing any values code all values to 1 starting from the end of the string.

If you can't do it, then it is possible that your EEPROM is damaged.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NSX JR said:
The first 3 in your coding won't work with USA firmware...that is why it does not work. Try coding 0509638 with phone or 0509138 without phone.
Thanks a lot everybody for your input. I recoded successfully yesterday, and I used 0509138. Lee was right about the first 3. I also added windows with remote functionality(windows up/down). Not relevant, but still pretty cool. Also, the sound quality now feels more solid and well-rounded now that I have coded for the Bose aspect. Maybe it's all in my ears, but the sound quality now sounds a lot dreamier IMO.

Thanks again,

Edward

1 - 7 of 7 Posts