RacerVW did swap an A3 with an A4 faceplate in the very early days and reported on the Yahoo forum that it worked. He mentioned that the faceplate, display and a couple more components are one unit which get replaced together. Other than that I have not seen any other reference to changing faceplates.
Craig, I'm afraid you have to remove the 3 screws under the display. The procedure for removing the face plate is the following (in order):
1. turn the unit on, and place the screen in the 'open' position (screen flat). Keep it this way (so don't let it close it, turn the power off with screen flat)
2. remove the 3 black screws under the display. Yes, they are damn tight...Use a good screwdriver with the right fit. Don't use the small watchmaker screwdrivers. You can't get enough grip with these ones. Hold the screen when you remove the last screw
3. Take the screen carefully out of the rails. Release the flatcable connecter from your screen to the RNS-E. The screen is loose now.
4. remove the screws on the left and right side of the RNS-E (4 big screws on each side). Also remove the 2 smaller screws of the faceplate on the underside of the RNS-E
5. remove the plate on top of the RNS-E (the one with the RNS-E type# on it)
6. disconnect the flat cable (the one from the faceplate to the RNS-E) carefully
7. release/fold out the 2 clamps on the left and right side of the RNS-E
8. Take the faceplate off
To fix the plate: follow the procedure in reverse order.
Just purchased a 2007 B7 A4 with the RNS-E Nav unit, it’s got Bluetooth telephone functionality but I really would like the ability to play music via a Bluetooth adaptor
There’s a few options around by the looks of things, but how do they all compare? I don’t want to pay ridiculous amounts but I...
I have a Audi A4 b7 2.0 tdi Avant, with rns-e mmi system it tooks cds and 2 slots for sd cards behind the screen but i think this car have another cd changer for navigation it isnt present in passager safe box, does rns-e read cd navigation or it is in another place inside the car!?!
By know it is pretty certain that there will be an upgraded RNS-E for model year 2010. Since many will be interested in retrofitting the new RNS-E to get AMI and traffic (US only, Europe always had TMC) I thought a new topic would be in order the focusses on the 2010 RNS-E retrofit in the A3 8P...
I have retrofitted my 2007 A3 3.2 with an RNS-E. It previously had a a Symphony II radio. The unit works flawlessly but after a few days my battery is dead.
When I close the car and lock the door the RNS-E fan and DVD keep running for little while. At that time I measure a voltage drop of...
There are plenty or threads and no need to repeat the procedure.
There are only 3 numbers to be modified, including SOFIDX, the first V220 in LOADING.KWI and the second V220 in LOADING.KWI.
The main issue is when I made the transfer CD, it was read as only software update CD and thats it, no...