Audi Forum banner

41 - 60 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
good day everyone! im new to this forum. wow. this forum is really helpful. lots of knowledgeable people about Audi and electronics. i have a 2007 Q7 3.0 TDI, right-hand drive. i have been wanting to convert my Q7 to the 2010 facelift, LED headlights and turn signals as i have failed to fit on the S6 LEDs. i bought the original S6 LED last year from eBay, as i was told i could install it with a bit of trims on the bumper. i brought it to Audi in my country, they couldnt do it or maybe they just didnt wanna try. i brought it again to another workshop, then i was told it might hit the cooler if i was to fit them on even if the bumper was trimmed.

does anyone know where i can buy the 2010 LED headlights, LED turn signals and the LED brake lights? i hope they can post it to Brunei as well. many thanks in advance for the help.

p/s: here, the Q7's daytime running light (the one in the headlight, one next to the projector light) would not light up even after ive turned on all the lights. i went to inquire Audi. they said its not installed in the MMI or something or maybe they're not properly a qualified Audi mechanics. i dont know anything much about electronics or what so ever. heh. so i need to figure out how i could connect the 2010 LEDs if i was to find them in the near future.

·
Registered
31 Posts
good day everyone! im new to this forum. wow. this forum is really helpful. lots of knowledgeable people about Audi and electronics. i have a 2007 Q7 3.0 TDI, right-hand drive. i have been wanting to convert my Q7 to the 2010 facelift, LED headlights and turn signals as i have failed to fit on the S6 LEDs. i bought the original S6 LED last year from eBay, as i was told i could install it with a bit of trims on the bumper. i brought it to Audi in my country, they couldnt do it or maybe they just didnt wanna try. i brought it again to another workshop, then i was told it might hit the cooler if i was to fit them on even if the bumper was trimmed.

does anyone know where i can buy the 2010 LED headlights, LED turn signals and the LED brake lights? i hope they can post it to Brunei as well. many thanks in advance for the help.

p/s: here, the Q7's daytime running light (the one in the headlight, one next to the projector light) would not light up even after ive turned on all the lights. i went to inquire Audi. they said its not installed in the MMI or something or maybe they're not properly a qualified Audi mechanics. i dont know anything much about electronics or what so ever. heh. so i need to figure out how i could connect the 2010 LEDs if i was to find them in the near future.

Hi, got 2007 Q7 in Singapore - RHD, just ordered the complete LEDs Head light, turn signal and Tail light from Germany. They offered plug and play adapter controller for the LEDs light to work on older Q7, no re-coding of the ECU required. All installation and fitment guide with pictures are provided by supplier. Got to wait 2 weeks for the package, fit it locally. :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi keane! wow! awesome man. you've fitted them. pics pics! hehe. thats a relieve about the installation and fitting guide. can you please tell me from which site did you buy the LEDs head light, turn signal and tail light? just inbox me please. thanks alot :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
hi keane! wow! awesome man. you've fitted them. pics pics! hehe. thats a relieve about the installation and fitting guide. can you please tell me from which site did you buy the LEDs head light, turn signal and tail light? just inbox me please. thanks alot :)
Hi, got to wait about 2-3 weeks for shipment. Cost about 2800 Euro, include LEDs Headlights, turn signal and taillight with plug/play module and cables. Can email me [email protected] for more info. I've also ordered a full ABT bodykit, quad exhaust, 22" rim and many others. :roll:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Keane,

I haven't had much luck with Audi parts from both Xin Zhong or Transhua.
Can you tell me where you ordered your parts please if it's somewhere else.

Thanks Craig

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi,

i started the 2010 facelift retrofit and already fitted the Chrome trim part of the Alluminium Optik Paket available for 2010 Q7.

The required parts are:

REAR BUMPER
- 4L0 807 460 – right
- 4L0 807 443 – middle
- 4L0 807 459 – left

DOOR HANDLES
- 4L0 837 239 x4 - the part is for cars without KEYLESS (KESSY) System.

FRONT BUMPER
- 4L0 807 243 – left
- 4L0 807 244 – right

DOORS
- 4L0 853 969 Q J1 - rear left
- 4L0 853 959 Q J1 - front left
- 4L0 853 960 Q J1 - front right
- 4L0 853 970 Q J1 - rear right

I have attached some pictures.
Sorry for the quality but it was raining a lot here since yesterday.
I promise to post better ones in few days.

The rest of the parts for the complete facelift i have on order and i hope to have them delivered next week.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hi Keane,

I haven't had much luck with Audi parts from both Xin Zhong or Transhua.
Can you tell me where you ordered your parts please if it's somewhere else.

Thanks Craig
Hi, i order from German friend of mine, attending same Uni. He too drives a Q7 and managed to get it work with plug/play module. Cost around Euro 2500 including LED Headlight, taillight, turn signal, mounting, instructions with pictures, shipping and plug/play modules - no re-code ECU required. Email me if you like to get same package. TQ

·
Registered
235 Posts
hi, i also ordered this bars and waiting now for delivery.
can you please tell me where do you coneect them?
Neo et all - where did you order the
4L0 919 173
4L0 919 174
4L0 919 177
4L0 919 178
from? I'm finding each item for about $20usd each at genuineaudiparts
also - I attached a picture of my trim - will this work for my trim, or do I need the chrome trim? - did you happen to take any pictures of the light bars before install?
thanks!

Attachments

·
Registered
595 Posts
I ordered mine at Audi Zentrum Regensburg in Germany.
I have a friend that works there and he helped me with all orders.

PS: Does anyone know why i can not attach pictures to my posts. I am strugling for 3 days now to put some pictures of the Chrome Package i just installed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
"Go advanced" scroll down to manage attachments.
Do you have those options? Or are you getting an error?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I always get "file upload error".
I am trying to upload a JPEG 1024x768 of 180 KB. It is within the requirements but always get file upload error message.

The same thing when i try to upload from URL.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Neo, what did you use to do the TV tuner on your MMI?
I used the genuine Audi Tv Tuner for MMi 2G. I can help you with part numbers for the whole kit if you want.
You need the TV Tuner, wiring harness, antenna amplifiers (4 units), and if the car is not equipped with Rear View Camera, you will have to replace the Control Head with one that has FBAS input.

I can also help with 2 out of the 4 ampliffiers for Q7, which i bought by mistake for another Q7 upgrade and i have them in stock for half the original price.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have the backup camera. It should be interesting to see how it works in the USA now that we are all digital with our Tv's...I remember the blaupunkt dvd player i put in my A6 doesn't get any of the channels for the most part. I draw the line at getting a digital converter box for my CAR tv :)

·
Registered
595 Posts
I am in Europe and i can say that here works like a charm.
The Audi Hybrid tuner that is available for Q7 is a DVB-T Mpeg-2 SD receiver, that can tune on any UHF Channel and decode SD Mpeg-2 data streams FTA (Free To Air) not encrypted.
I can tell you for sure that it can not receive MPEG-4 streams nor HD (MPEG-2 or MPEG-4). We have here DVB-T HD in Mpeg-4 and the Audi Hybrid Tuner see's them as DVB Audio Channels and can decode only the audio stream.

·
Registered
595 Posts
THX dmollico!!!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Hi a4ss4abt,

I received part of my facelift kit and tomorrow i will start installing it.
I have everything except the headlights.

I wonder if i shall replace the front turn signals or shall i wait for the headlights.
Now i have turn signal and parking light in the front bumper, and the new LED module has only turn signal.
If i will replace it, i am afraid i will not have the parking light until i will replace the headlights also. The problem will be the permanent error on the instrument cluster for both front parking lights. Whats your oppinion on this?

Also, have you managed to find a solution for the random flashing of the new LED turn signals? What do you mean by "low voltage" sent from the "Cent. Electr." Do you have the measured value of this voltage? Can it be filtered by a resistor fitted in the connector?

Thank you again for your work. Feels better to walk on a paved road. I appreciate it.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Hi a4ss4abt,

I received part of my facelift kit and tomorrow i will start installing it.
I have everything except the headlights.

I wonder if i shall replace the front turn signals or shall i wait for the headlights.
Now i have turn signal and parking light in the front bumper, and the new LED module has only turn signal.
If i will replace it, i am afraid i will not have the parking light until i will replace the headlights also. The problem will be the permanent error on the instrument cluster for both front parking lights. Whats your oppinion on this?

Also, have you managed to find a solution for the random flashing of the new LED turn signals? What do you mean by "low voltage" sent from the "Cent. Electr." Do you have the measured value of this voltage? Can it be filtered by a resistor fitted in the connector?

Thank you again for your work. Feels better to walk on a paved road. I appreciate it.
Neo I'm sorry but the way you have approached the retrofit it's exactly the opposite of mine.:oops:
As I started from the front headlights without changing the front bumper and turn signal lights the problem of parking lights was solved with the new LEDS DRL which did the right function after the bridged pin and the right coding. Anyway I have the new problem of flashing which finally it's not so random because I tested it yesterday and the result is a little flashing every 30 seconds. Honestly I'm very concerned by the police because they can see it during the night. Probably it could be filtered by a resistor but as I don't like this kind of solutions i will order the new J519 module 4F0 910 279 R.:oops:
Finally I can only suggest you the same and waiting for the new Headlights so it wil be quite a plug and play retrofit.;-)

·
Registered
595 Posts
What coding is required on Cent. Elect. for the new HeadLights? I understood from your previous posts that i have to change only the wiring. Practically, if my understanfing is correct, i have to take the wire from the front bumper parking light and route it to new headlight as it will power the new LED DRL. Am I correct?

41 - 60 of 456 Posts