Audi Forum banner

441 - 456 of 456 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have read this whole thread through probably four times now. Almost too much information here! Thanks to everyone. I still am a bit confused as there seems to be some contradictory information. Is there a definitive post I should read to convert my 2009 Halogen Q7 to 2010+ bixenon/LED headlights and LED taillights using the old J519? I am having trouble following which modifications need to be performed for each setup. Also, what exactly do I need to do for the taillights? How do I use resistors/relays to cancel warnings and the 30 second bulb flash. Do I need them on both the headlights and taillights? Thanks so much. Sorry for all of the questions.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Unfortunately, I don't think there is a definitive post on that specific retrofit path. I was able to get it done (with much help in side conversations with Neo and others...), but I have not had the time to do a proper writeup on what I did (I have a 2 year old and a pregnant wife and a busy day job!). I live in the US, but that shouldn't matter much I don't think. I ended up using the Kufatec adapter harness (for halogen to bi-xenon), re-routed the wire from the turn signal lights to the headlight, and bridged my J519 (didn't get a new one), and everything is working nicely (as far as I'm concerned). Oh yeah, I also made the VAG-COM mods as well. It took me a long time to get it right, but now that I've done it, looking back on it, it was fairly simple (if you are handy). One of the hardest parts was finding a way to route the Kufatec harness wires through the firewall...in the end I think I found a very good and easy way to do that (drilling a small hole in a rubber gasket near the steering column, and then using a wire puller/snake to pull the wires through from the engine bay and into the cockpit).

I didn't do anything with my rear lights yet, so can't help much with your questions there. I did retrofit the LED turn signals, but alas they aren't situated perfectly (although I'm probably the only one who notices that), and it was a pain in the rear (using Dremel tool to cut away portions of the bumper so that it would fit...). I did buy the warning cancelers that people on this forum recommended to me, but I couldn't seem to get them to work (although honestly I didn't try hard enough because I was busy at the time...need to re-visit that at some point) so I just left them be with the quick 30-second flashing.

where are you located? I'm happy to help if I can by taking some pictures or whatever.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks for the quick reply. I am in NY. I will continue to look over the thread and wiring diagrams and see what I can put together. My biggest question is the VAG-COM coding. If you have any insight there, I would be greatly appreciative. Thank you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Does anyone know the pin assignment in the new facelift trixenon LED headlights? If so, I would be greatly appreciative.

My plan for 2009 halogen Q7 is as follows:

(1) figure out the proper coding to cause the current incandescent turn signals in the bumper to function as always on DRLs.

(2) replace turn signals with these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/271164834261?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

(3) install facelift 2013 LED trixenon headlights using these adapters: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200749007095?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

(4) wire LEDs in headlights to wires for the white LEDs in the new LED turn signals (after the adapter module in the turn signals I listed so as to avoid any error messages and the 30 second flash)

(5) wire the halogen bulb in each headlight and the bi-xenon shutter to the old highbeam wires using the headlight adapter harness. My thought is that by doing this, I can use the halogen bulb in the new headlights as the flash bulb and also to avoid any error messages for the high beams.

three questions:

(1) does the above makes sense?

(2) does anyone have the pinouts for the the facelift tri-xenon LED headlights?

(3) what is the halogen bulb in the headlights for?

Thanks so much. Please let me know if this plan makes sense or not. My goal is to be able to do this by making changes only to the adapter harnesses and not touch any of the actual Q7 wiring.

·
Registered
21 Posts
unless you have xenon adaptive lights as a factory option at the moment then do not use tri-xenons or adaptive bi xenons, you will get errors.

·
Registered
11 Posts
unless you have xenon adaptive lights as a factory option at the moment then do not use tri-xenons or adaptive bi xenons, you will get errors.
I was not planning on using these features. I got a good deal on a set of AFS trixenons so I went with them. I figure if I wire as described above, completely bypassing the AFS and trixenon features, I should have no problems. However, to do so, I need to figure out the pin assignment for the headlights.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello. I have retrofitted the complete S-line front bumper + blinkers and new LED headlights with AFS - upgraded the J519 module and blinker/high beam control lever. Everything works, but I get a "high beam bulb out" error on both of the headlights. Could this be a coding issue or what am I missing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello. I have retrofitted the complete S-line front bumper + blinkers and new LED headlights with AFS - upgraded the J519 module and blinker/high beam control lever. Everything works, but I get a "high beam bulb out" error on both of the headlights. Could this be a coding issue or what am I missing?
Probably your high beam shutter wire is energised at all times. Check if that is not short to the positive wire of low beam or something else.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Does your high-beam actually work? If it does it may be coding.. If not, you have an issue with your wiring

·
Registered
20 Posts
a4ss4abt, you are my personal god.

Ill do it tomorrow morning.

THANK YOU!!!

PS: I assume this is for old J519.
I have a promise from a friend that tomorrow ill have the wiring schematics of the new J519 and the pinout of the new led headlights. Ill post them here maybe we can figure out together how to make the leds work with the new J519.
what do you use to remove the pin if you put them in the wrong slot ?

·
Registered
35 Posts
My question is regardingthe J393 control module for the audi q7 led tail light retrofit. The part number 4L0 910 289 H has been superseded by this new part number 4L0 910 289 K.

My question is whether this new part number would work in my 2006 Q7 with the new coding or not to power up the led tail lights properly? Please help.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My question is regardingthe J393 control module for the audi q7 led tail light retrofit. The part number 4L0 910 289 H has been superseded by this new part number 4L0 910 289 K.

My question is whether this new part number would work in my 2006 Q7 with the new coding or not to power up the led tail lights properly? Please help.

Hi there,

I have just installed version "H" in my Q7 to replace the VNS media adapters I was previously using and all appears to be working fine after I had CP removed and I coded with my old coding and added 0131072. However, I am getting the following error which I have no idea about:

Address 46: Central Conv. Labels: 4L0-910-289.lbl
Part No SW: 4L0 910 289 H HW: 4L0 907 289 H
Component: Komfortgeraet H10 0110
Revision: 0110 --- Serial number: 01449022120000
Coding: 7471245
Shop #: WSC 06443 128 28888
VCID: 356AEC695C7CA196B5-8061

1 Fault Found:
03073 - Rear Lid Closed Sensor 1 <<<<=== What is this?
008 - Implausible Signal
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101000
Fault Priority: 5
Fault Frequency: 2
Reset counter: 213
Mileage: 81649 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2015.08.03
Time: 17:04:32

I have made sure I've plugged all my cables/connectors back in for the boot latch etc...

What is strange is the Rear Lid Sensors G625 and G626 which are used to see whether the hatch is closed are wired back to Address 6F: Centr. Conv. II (J773) and not the Central Conv (J393). I would have expected to see J773 throwing errors for those two sensors errors in addition to the one above from J393. I am struggling to understand how the central conv unit is showing an error for sensors which are wired up to another module which isn't showing errors for these sensors. I have only ever once seen an error for these two sensors with the Central Conv II when my battery ran flat. Every time I clear the error on Central Conv it comes back with the 03073. I even put in my old module (version D which now comes up with CP) and it now is also throwing this 03073 error.

The problem with this error is that it occasionally disables the rear LED lights and uses the ones in the bumper as it thinks the hatch may be open...

I have ordered a new Lift Gate Switch which has both sensors G625 & 626 (4L0 959 121) but am not holding my breath that this will fix the problem. I also have another spare locking mechanism which I will try...

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated..

·
Registered
30 Posts
FIXED. For all out there that may see this error it is caused by not fitting the metal boot molding back onto the hatch where the hatch lock is located. What was happening was that the lid clasp wasn't pushing the G625 sensor to activate it properly. What actually happens is that J773 connects to the two rear lid sensors G625 and G626 and checks that they are functioning properly. It then sends their readings to J343 which then, based on the sensors states (open or closed) switches the rear lights from the bumper to the hatch rear lights. In my case, one sensor was activated saying the hatch is "closed" while the other hasn't been activated and states that the hatch is "open". In this instance, with one saying closed and the other open, J393 states the error above as being "implausible" as both sensors should be saying the same thing (either open or closed). Hence, it believes the boot is faulty and keeps the lights switched to the bumper (backup) lights.

What is interesting is that there was an error bulletin raised by Audi relating to "REAR LIGHTING DOES NOT SWITCH FROM BUMPER TO LID (DTC 03073)"

From the bulletin:

CONDITION
* The customer may report that the tail lamp lighting does not switch over from the bumper to the lid, with the lid closed.
* The rear bumper lights fucntion normally (brake lights, reverse lights, driving lights, turn signals).
* The center mount brake light functions normally.
* DTC 03073 (Closed Rear Lid Sensor - Incorrect Signal) may be stored in the comfort system central control module, J393 (address word 46)

TECHNICAL BACKGROUND

In order for the taillight lighting to switch between the rear lid and the bumper whebn the lid is operated, the paddle switchs on the rear sill trim must contact the opposing lid latch points uniformly.

When the rear lid is opened, the paddle switches change state and the comfort system central control module 2, J773, will read G525 adn G526. It will then communicate to the comfort system central control module, J393, to control the taillight lighting from the lid to the bumper...

441 - 456 of 456 Posts