Audi Forum banner

401 - 420 of 457 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ari, That indeed is a great help. Practically everything that i was looking for.

I need your help to find the firewall followed by punching the hole. I tried but couldn't find the right place. Pictures, both from under the steering side and the one from engine bay would be of great help for me to identify the exact locations. Thanks in advance :)

Setup of wires in your headlight harness adapter would be of great help too. I will modify my adapter accordingly then. I couldn't understand the concept of moving Pin 10 and 12. These Pin are of completely different sizes in the 14 Pin harness.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will take some pictures for you in a bit. I've been meaning to do an entire write-up on what I did, but I was too busy over the holidays and with work.

Correct on the wire sizes being different...that threw me off as well. Nobody had really mentioned that part on this thread for some reason? I ended up splicing the smaller wire going into Pin 12, into the existing wire that was going from Pin 10 to Pin 10 on my kufatec harness (although nothing was going into Pin 10 on the original harness), that way I didn't have to remove the Pin 10 and it already had the correctly sized Pin in the 14-pin harness already. I left the smaller pin in Pin 12 and spliced into that wire from the bumper side light wire (new wire that I added).

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yes exactly. This retrofit is different and depends if you are coming from Halogen or Old Bixenon headlamps. Thanks for clarifying the Pin 10 and 12 issue.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Pin 10 and 12 issue is due to Audi changing the pin assignment in the facelift headlights. You just have to follow the wiring diagram.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I just spoke with Talha at length, I think he should be all set (as long as he can figure out how to get through the firewall with the LED wires). He had not tried the configuration of having the LED wires connected to A1 and A6, while at the same time having A1 and A6 bridged.

·
Registered
595 Posts
Ari, you've been there, my friend. :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello Ari and Neo,

Today and finally i succeeded in the 3rd attempt. Thanks and lot to you both. I ran the wires externally to check connections and everything was working like a charm.

Next challenge is to get the extra wires from J519 to engine bay and finally to headlight harness. I have tried making the hole from the place where Ari did one but it wasnt going through even after a lot of push. May be there are some specs changed due to LHD and RHD.

However i found another rubber firewall going to engine bay behind the pedal brake area. I inserted the Barbecue skewer (thanks for the tip Ari) and that got in very easily to reach the are under plastic sheet/tray, the one under the wipers and attached to the windshield. I could see the skewer BUT i dont know how to remove that plastic tray to access the skewer tip and then pulling the wires through it. I couldnt even remove the wipers after removing their nuts. Seems like they are screwed over the bolts. Any Help Guys!

·
Registered
595 Posts
to get the wipers out you need a special tool, don't try to force them as thy tend to brake very easy.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yeah i checked that out on a few forums. I will see if i can put my hand on one.

And after that, how to remove the plastic sheet that is somehow attached to wind screen? Is it easy to detach?

·
Registered
595 Posts
after you take the wipers out, take also the rubber seal that holds the plastic tray and you will see that it just goes out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks. I did remove the rubber seal and the plastic try doesnt go out and also, these are not the wiper which are stopping it. There's quite a space between it and the wipers. How does it gets attched to end of windshield?

Could you please be more specific. Thanks

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi Neo, another quick question for ur consideration.

in my J519, i have T10a/2 and T10a/8 used for old Halogen light "High or Main Beam" which are no longer required in New Bixenon headlights. Can i Short T10a/2 with T10a/1 (LED DRL right) and T10a/8 with T10a/6 (LED DRL Left) on the Main J519 PCB to trasnmist the LED DRL current over existing wires for high beam going to headlight harness?

My question is, that after changing J519 coding, is it ok to short them? What if there is any current already coming from T10a/2 and T10a/8 eve after the coding? Is there anything like LED DRL current flowing backward through Main beam pins towards J519 ICs?

·
Registered
595 Posts
I have no idea if they are still used, but i guess they are, how are you switching now low/high beam?

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well I am a happy man. Retrofitting completed today.

I used new wires for led DRL and high beam shutters all the way from j 519 to headlight harnesses.

Will post pictures soon as tired as hell now.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Slight Problem. The left side blinker on side view mirror is "twinkiling" as if it is getting a very weak current from some source. What could be the issue? any thoughts. Below are the reading of J519 after the faceift.

Sunday,27,January,2013,20:08:51:26202
VCDS Version: Release 11.11.5
Data version: 20121222
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Address 09: Cent. Elect. Labels: 4F0-910-279.lbl
Control Module Part Number: 4F0 910 279 K HW: 4F0 907 279
Component and/or Version: ILM Fahrer H17 0240
Software Coding: 0015121
Work Shop Code: WSC 31414 000 00000
Additional Info: 4L2910113 Wischer AU716 H08 0080 4E0910557A REGENLICHTSE
VCID: 3163384DA84F00909E2
3 Faults Found:

01834 - Bulb for Side-Blinkers; Left (M18)
006 - Short to Plus - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100110
Fault Priority: 2
Fault Frequency: 26
Reset counter: 163
Mileage: 49460 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2013.01.27
Time: 16:44:00

02745 - Bulb for Daytime Running Light; Left
007 - Short to Ground - Intermittent
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00100111
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 162
Time: 16:46:00

00924 - Relay for Headlamp Cleaning System (J39)
014 - Defective
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101110
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 123
Time: 16:41:00

Address 09: DTCs cleared

Address 09:4F0 910 279 K recoded (Short coding) from 0015121 to 0016121 (31414/000/00000)

·
Registered
595 Posts
Do you have headlight cleaning system? i know that this comes standard only for Xenon Headlights, if you did not retrofited it the last error is normal. As for the side blinker check the wiring at the J519 maybe you damaged its wire.

Its connected to the PIN 3 in the 32 pin connector C. The right one is on PIN 14 same connector.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thanks Neo,

I dont have the cleaning system so have selected now in the coding 00X000, i have now selected "6"for X (i.e. LED headlight without washer) instead of "5". Will check the logs again if that has gone or still there.

for the signal, i think you are right and may be while bridging "T10a/6->T32b/4" the soldering element is somehow touching T32b/3 also. Will check tomorrow.

Thanks for the diagnosis

·
Registered
35 Posts
The slight error was also found and fixed. Pins T32b/3 and T32b/4 of J519 were in slight contact after bridging.

My next retrofittings are Tail Lights and Front LED turn signals.

Tail Light Question: I have the tail Lights 4L0 945 093 F and 4L0 945 094 F. My challenge is that i can't retrofit with the new module as "Component protection removal" Service by Audi is not available in my country. Has anybody used this plug and play adaptor? Would this work? Any known issues?

LED Indicator Question. I have non s-line bumper and i believe that i need 4Lo 953 041 D and 042 D for my car? The question is that do i also need to trim the bumper as in case of many guys with s-line bumpers? Or is the trimming required in sline bumpers only and the non-sline with "D" part number are plug and play?

thanks a lot.

·
Registered
595 Posts
1. never used the adapter but as long as you dont have Audi service to remove CP i dont see any other option.

2. you will have to trim the bumper regardless of the one you have. new led indicators are a bit longer and the fixing points are slightly offset.
you need to take the bumper out, put the new turn signal in place from behind and you will see exactly how much trimming is required.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Thx Adrian, you are the best like always.

Can we use few couple of voltage cancellers to work with new LED tail lights? Why is the module required or what would be there in that adapter?

401 - 420 of 457 Posts