Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2014 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Quattro 2.0T
52 Posts
You didn't say - is the warning now continuous? or does it come and go?? or did it permanently go away and hasn't happened again? If only once briefly, I'd be inclined to ignore it as a "computer bug". If frequent or all the time, look more closely at the function of everything including the parking lights, turn signals, brake lights, taillights, front fog lights, rear fog lights, high beams, low beams. Also, do you have LEDs in front or rear? This varies between Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige. I've noticed other Audis with partial failures of LED units, and I have no idea whether missing "1 or 2 LEDs out of 25" in a taillight throws up an error code or not.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You didn't say - is the warning now continuous? or does it come and go?? or did it permanently go away and hasn't happened again? If only once briefly, I'd be inclined to ignore it as a "computer bug". If frequent or all the time, look more closely at the function of everything including the parking lights, turn signals, brake lights, taillights, front fog lights, rear fog lights, high beams, low beams. Also, do you have LEDs in front or rear? This varies between Premium, Premium Plus, and Prestige. I've noticed other Audis with partial failures of LED units, and I have no idea whether missing "1 or 2 LEDs out of 25" in a taillight throws up an error code or not.
It's continuous and it's the rear fog lights as I found out the other day when I was trying all the lights, when I turn them on the light is amber, now to figure out which one is out. Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2014 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Quattro 2.0T
52 Posts
It's continuous and it's the rear fog lights as I found out the other day when I was trying all the lights, when I turn them on the light is amber
If you mean the dashboard "on" indicator light at the switch, that is supposed to be amber for rear fog lights - because it is actively dangerous to turn them on if it is not foggy, they prevent other drivers from noticing your brake lights. My car has always done this, with nothing wrong.
Motor vehicle Steering part Personal luxury car Automotive design Car

1 - 4 of 4 Posts