Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this may be a dumb question..but what is the difference between USA and European Nav units..i emailed some guy on ebay who was selling an European Nav and said it would work in the usa?

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
US units need other firmware to work in the US and use the US maps. It's possible to swap the firmware on a EU unit to make it an US unit. Search on this forum, and you can find a lot of info about that.

·
Registered
49 Posts
nerd23 said:
this may be a dumb question..but what is the difference between USA and European Nav units..i emailed some guy on ebay who was selling an European Nav and said it would work in the usa?
only real difference at this point are the buttons on the EU unit, and then, only the first two I believe. On the US unit the first two buttons say FM/AM, and CD/SD respectively. The first two buttons on the EU unit say RADIO, and CD/TV. The rest I believe is in the software and most of what we call "trusted" sellers (pretty much the guys on this site) sell EU units properly modified (Within the software) to run the latest US software. Frankly, unless you're willing to accept a potentially expensive mistake, I'd go with one of the sellers on this site such as PROXUS, HAAGIE, STEVE, etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts