Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys,

i have spent 3 hours now reading this great forum but i just want to get sure... i have some questions and would be very glad if you answer them :)

1. is the best way to change an EU Rns-E to an US Rns-E just by putting an 2006 US Disc in? Will this always work or maybe not with some software versions?

2. How can i check if its an US or EU RNS-E ?

3. Can anyone of you send me the user manual in pdf file format? I got ICQ, Skype and even msn.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

1) To convert a Euro unit to accept the US DVD you have to load modified firmware. The firmware you get from the US DVD and the modification make the Euro unit think it gets a Euro firmware update, which in reality is the US software. After the update you can use US DVDs without further modification.

2) The Euro units have a RADIO button while the US units have an FM/AM button. The software version shown under CAR/Version should show a 4 digit version number, if it shows X--- then the firmware has been changed already.

3) Search the forum for manual and you will find a couple of links pointing you in the right direction.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts