Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another forum the other day that some things that have been fixed in US 0150 may still no work in Euro 0550, maybe it's a good idea to list all the new Euro 0550 features like we did with the US 0150 software. Everybody who is already using the new 2007 Euro DVD with sw 0550, maybe you can post what you found has changed. I will make the start with the most obvious changes that have already been posted in other topics:

- Euro 2007 DVD is a 2 DVD set covering Western and Eastern Europe
- Euro sw 0550 includes TMC in the UK when used with 2007 Euro DVD
- The MIX issue has not been fixed (MIX gets disabled when pressing prev/next track)
- DIS/FIS still show the source (FM/CD/MP3) on line 1 (this had changed in US 0150 to show the title in line 1 nad the source in line 2)
- Euro sw 0500 and newer includes new startup screens for the S/RS models
- to be continued

·
Registered
345 Posts
Not much more to add to this that i have noticed.
TMC Icon is green when TMC signal is being received in the Colour DIS.
(Not sure if this was here before in memory in the Nav screen there is an option to "Load Route" and "Save Route"
In the info screen for TMC information under source you can select Auto or the preferred radio station with the RNS D it was only Classic FM now its local stations broadcasting TMC

other than that cant see any changed items

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Just got the EU 2007 DVD and upgraded my RNS-E (mine didn't ask for the PIN unlike livefour2day), and UK TMC is now working.

Haven't found any other SW changes yet - it's annoying that the MIX issue has been fixed for the US but not for EU, same goes for the change in use of the top 2 lines of the DIS. They really should have fixed these worldwide.

BTW the Load Route and Save Route were already there in SW 0460 (can't remember if they were there in earlier versions).

·
Registered
103 Posts
The only thing I noticed today that I could swear was different is the colouring of minor roads on the map. In the business park where I work, they used to show up in white with grey edging, and now they just appear solid grey. Is it just me, or has any other 0550 owner spotted this?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Well I upgraded from sw500 to sw550 successfully on Friday (did not ask for pin code). Sofar I haven't noticed any differences. But for the vast Finnish audience :D here I can confirm that Finland maps have definately been updated compared to 2006_1. I've noticed that at least a few major map problems have been fixed. As with earlier version's the TMC symbol stays on most of the time but TMC does still not work - presumably because the maps are still lacking Finnish TMC POI data. It's a pity since A6 & Q7 MMI navigators with 2006 maps have TMC support for Finland and it works well.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The 2007 DVD (SW 0550) only claims to offer working TMC in the following countries:

Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, United Kingdom & Switzerland.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Petroldave your are absolutely right. The interesting thing is that on the cover of the 2005_2 DVD Finland was listed among countries with TMC support (I don't know if it actually worked). With the 2006 DVD Finland disappeared from the list - I don't know what happened. Maybe I should try and see what happens if I use sw550 and the old 2005_2 DVD/maps.

One comment about sw550 - I get the early impression that route calculation is possibly a bit faster that with sw500 or sw460

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
santa93 said:
Petroldave your are absolutely right. The interesting thing is that on the cover of the 2005_2 DVD Finland was listed among countries with TMC support (I don't know if it actually worked). With the 2006 DVD Finland disappeared from the list - I don't know what happened. Maybe I should try and see what happens if I use sw550 and the old 2005_2 DVD/maps.
Definitely worth trying. But you will lose the map updates that you mentioned.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Skynet said:
Hi All ...

impossible to put the RS4 starup sreen on my ... RS4 :evil:
the adress 18, respond but I can put something else than "0"

If I put "3" for RS4, I can "save" the value :?:

sorry : http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?p=25654#25654
You have a B5 RS4 - right?

So your RNS-E is probably coded for an A6 (the coding will be 05xxxxx), but Audi have made the EU SW0500 and 0550 ONLY accept the value 3 (for the RS4 startup screen) in adaptation channel 18 if the RNS-E is coded for an A4 (the coding is 03xxxxx).

I have answered this also in your other post.

·
Registered
38 Posts
yes RS4 B5, excactly, in used A6 unit (part "P")
so, you mean I need to put the SW 0500, and I shoud be put the RS4 starup screen ?
So I need to use MAP 2006_1 instead of 2007 (SW0550) :?:
(never mind, no difference for me ... 2006_1 or 2007)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You cannot get the RS4 startup screen working in your B5 RS4 because you have to have your RNS-E coded for an A6 and the RS4 startup screen is only possible if your RNS-E is coded for an A4.

·
Registered
345 Posts
benw123 said:
The only thing I noticed today that I could swear was different is the colouring of minor roads on the map. In the business park where I work, they used to show up in white with grey edging, and now they just appear solid grey. Is it just me, or has any other 0550 owner spotted this?
om mine using SW550 the minor roads are white with a grey edge the only turn grey like you say when my lights are on and the display switches to night time driving

·
Registered
74 Posts
Re: 512 file limit changed?

andyt99 said:
Anyone happen to know whether the new firmware lifts the 512 file limit for the number of files on an SD card? Or is this a limit based elsewhere that can never be changed?
No the limit is still there. it was discussed in the original thread.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Much to my positive surprise I can report that RNS-E TMC now works in Finland with the new euro 2007 DVD and sw550. Interesting since Finland is not listed on the back of the DVD package as one of the countries with TMC support. First I tried sw550 and the 2005_2 DVD (that DVD claims to support TMC in Finland), but it did not work. Also noticed that it takes 2-5 mins before the TMC messages are loaded/displayed (I had not realized that initially when trying the new 2007 DVD). Anyway good news and a new feature of sw550 and 2007 DVD.

·
Registered
33 Posts
santa93 said:
Much to my positive surprise I can report that RNS-E TMC now works in Finland with the new euro 2007 DVD and sw550. Interesting since Finland is not listed on the back of the DVD package as one of the countries with TMC support. First I tried sw550 and the 2005_2 DVD (that DVD claims to support TMC in Finland), but it did not work. Also noticed that it takes 2-5 mins before the TMC messages are loaded/displayed (I had not realized that initially when trying the new 2007 DVD). Anyway good news and a new feature of sw550 and 2007 DVD.
TMC work fine in Finland 1 year or more with any software. But i mean MMI in the A8 :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
yes I know that TMC works with the new A6, Q7, A8 MMI navigator and 2006 MMI maps (and that TMC service has been available in Finland for several years). But it has not worked (at least for me) with the RNS-E navigator before.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts