Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it worth it? I can get the euro units for $600-650 shipped new ... is it easy to flash firmware?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
it is scam...

I can guaranee that those units are not NEW and you are not going to see your money back. It is not a first time someone offers navigation for very low price. You can see many of them on eBay.... some of them are even for $400 :D

In most cases this is scam just to get your money without shipping anything.
In other cases people try to get rid of their faulty unit (damaged screen, faulty drive or corrupted EEPROM). Some damages are not visible to naked eye so people use Ebay to get their money back and later they blame shipping carriers.

My advice is to stay away from shady deals like that. But you will do whatever you want :)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
don't worry about my source but it's actually a german authorized audi delaer ... but okay

The unit is new from Audi from a german dealer - who is legit and is reacheable via a number and has been confirmed by audi Euro to be legit so yeah - i have no worries about that

my question is how easy is it to flash? I bought my unit from one of you guys but my dealer just told me he can do this

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
ejc2008 said:
don't worry about my source but it's actually a german authorized audi delaer ... but okay

The unit is new from Audi from a german dealer - who is legit and is reacheable via a number and has been confirmed by audi Euro to be legit so yeah - i have no worries about that

my question is how easy is it to flash? I bought my unit from one of you guys but my dealer just told me he can do this
:D

How much you want to bet, that this is not authorized Audi dealer or parts reseller? I know few people working for Audi Parts Dispach Service in Europe and I know all their prices, and how low they can go. Even with big wholesale orders (and I mean 50~80 / month) you are not able to go even close to that price.

To answer your other question....it is not easy because it wil require to create custom upgrade disk with modified indexes. You will ned also modify coding with VAG or VAS.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cool - well regardless i have my unit but just wondering how realistic it would be

also since you're online proxus can you answer some of my questions via aim? OnefiveoneNET is my sn

i tried emailing u but no go :/

Few questions

1) the clip on the blue connector (gps antenna) cracked off ... any smart ways of getting the cable to stay permanently? I mean it stays on now but im afraid it'll come off ... unless i make some sort of clip myself

2) the navi runs real hot .. is that normal?

3) i put antenna on corner of windshield through globe compartment and door panels ... good place or should i put behind cluster? my dad said the cluster is too humid

4) the yellow original radio adaptor ... what do i do with it

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Usually I'm providing tech support only for my clients but I can help you out
I use Skype (button below)

1) If connector can't stay in the housing or antenna can't lock on this connector, the best would be to use SMB GPS antenna. It is tight and it is not going to disconnect by itself.

2) It could, but fan should activate if it is too hot

3) Instrument cluster is perfect. I use ceramic antennas so there is no problems, but even if you bought different one you shouldn't have any problems either.

4) which adaptor? pics?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i have this kit with a bose adaptor

dunno if that's ceramic

the yellow one comes out of the car - it used to be the symphony radio antenna i think[/img][/table]

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Ok looks like you have Ceramic antenna with FAKRA connector. It is correct one.

You will need SMB only if you clip is broken and FAKRA can't hold to it.

In you DIN you will have 2 antenna connectors one is black and you can plug your antenna adapter to it (this one on the picture)

the other one is diversity antenna connector. You need to remove tab and merge it with your radio adapter.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
1) pics broken

2) why merge? and how

3) pics fix! :p

i have it all hooked up but there is an extra cable fromt he original cabling hanging around

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
o wiat its that yellow one sticking out ... what do i do again?

i thougth it was just plug and play accordign to instructions - enlighten me

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.