Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The first somehow reliable hint to the new Euro DVD. Supposed to be available in December (in Germany).

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
wait and see :lol:

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jakerade said:
with UK TMC??
Audi UK are suggesting that an upgrade will be available in January 2007 that will include UK TMC - whether this is a dealer only DVD (like the UK TMC upgrade was on the MMI system) or part of the EU 2007 DVD we do not know at the moment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Anyone has any idea if Greece is included on this DVD release? I was told by Greece dealership that it should be included.
Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Here's an email I had yesterday from Audi UK regarding UK TMC and the EU 2007 DVD ...

Tom Peterkin said:
Hi Dave,

There will only be one disc for the RNS-E sat nav, providing 2007 mapping and TMC functionality.

We have not been notified of the part number of the new disc.

Regards
Tom Peterkin
Customer Services Operations Mgr.
Audi Aftersales & Service
That implies that the 2007 DVD will include UK TMC, and that UK TMC will not be a dealer upgrade.

But, as always with any Audi importer, believe it when you see it ...

·
Registered
156 Posts
perhaps the disc will fix my juddering clutch because the "software upgrade" didn't

I will believe it when i see it!

Jake

·
Registered
159 Posts
PetrolDave said:
That implies that the 2007 DVD will include UK TMC, and that UK TMC will not be a dealer upgrade.

But, as always with any Audi importer, believe it when you see it ...
Well as you know, the latest news seems to be that a £100 charge will be levied to existing customers to upgrade to TMC for which they'll simply get a new DVD so this suggests the 2007 disc does have TMC on it and Audi are simply offering it to existing customers below the usual price.

Bargain if you have a very old disc as you get a map update and TMC for half the regular cost. For me, OTOH, it's a bloody rip-off as I'll be asked to fork out another £100 for a replacement disc on a 1 month old car, which is a disgrace. There should be some concession towards those people who've only had their cars a short period.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Vertigo1 said:
Bargain if you have a very old disc as you get a map update and TMC for half the regular cost. For me, OTOH, it's a bloody rip-off as I'll be asked to fork out another £100 for a replacement disc on a 1 month old car, which is a disgrace. There should be some concession towards those people who've only had their cars a short period.
In a reply to another person on his email list the contact at Audi UK implied that there would/could be concessions ...

·
Registered
156 Posts
will the £100 apply to good folk such as ourselves who have retro-fitted or just to those who had one with a car?

Jake

·
Registered
345 Posts
Ordered mine over the phone today Audi are ringing me back in the morning to confirm the price i will let you all know :D :D :D

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jakerade said:
will the £100 apply to good folk such as ourselves who have retro-fitted or just to those who had one with a car?

Jake
In a reply to someone who told Tom that he had retrofitted the RNS-E, Tom said it would apply to all cars fitted with an RNS-E.

That could be clever use of language (fitted could mean "fitted at the factory", or it could mean any car currently fitted with an RNS-E - we will have to wait and see.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
livefour2day said:
Ordered mine over the phone today Audi are ringing me back in the morning to confirm the price i will let you all know :D :D :D
You definitely won't get the £100 price if you just order it at a dealer - only people on Tom Peterkin's list will get the special price.

His contact details are [email protected]

·
Registered
156 Posts
when do we expect to see discs being released then. Is Tom at Audi customer services?

Thanks

·
Registered
345 Posts
Thank you Dave you just saved me some money i will e mail him and cancel my order with Audi

thanks again :D

·
Registered
345 Posts
GOD i wish i had TMC today M5 closed sat in traffic jam for 6 hours !!!! :(

at least i had 2 x 4 gig SD cards full of albums to listen to

cant wait for TMC

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jakerade said:
when do we expect to see discs being released then. Is Tom at Audi customer services?

Thanks
Tom is a Customer Services Operations Manager at Audi UK.

Latest date we have been told is January 2007.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Rumors seed that the 'EUROPE 2007 Software' is composed of two DVD.
Is it real?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
rosnik said:
Rumors seed that the 'EUROPE 2007 Software' is composed of two DVD.
Is it real?
I'll ask!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes, Europe 2007 RNS-E software is composed of two DVD:

DVD 1 : Dänemark, Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz, Andorra, Belgien, Frankreich, Griechenland ( Athen ), England, Irland, Italien, Lichtenstein, Luxemburg, Monaco, Niederlande, Portugal, San marino, Spanien, Vatikanstaat

DVD 2 : Dänemark, Deutschland, Österreich, Schweiz, Finnland, Lichtenstein, Norwegen, Polen, Schweden, Slowakei ( Bratislava ), Slowenien ( Ljubljana ), Tschechische Republik, Ungarn

And TMC is active in the following state:

Belgien, Dänemark, Deutschland, Frankreich ( Mediamobile ), England ( RAC Trafficmaster ), Italien , Niederlande, Österreich, Schweden, Schweiz, Spanien !!!

1 - 20 of 80 Posts