Audi Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
livefour2day said:
spoke to my audi dealer and asked about the 2006-1 disk gave him the K part number and he said its not an update for the UK its for the rest of Europe. so i asked the question on TMC he said Audi are still working on it and it is still due for release in spring end of April.
not sure if he is correct just thought i would share it
That would be 3 EU DVD's in the first 4 months of 2006 - at nearly £400 a time that's taking the .... (expletive not used since this is a family forum).

Audi can't seriously expect owners to keep paying for new DVD's at that rate. They've got to get their act together - unless they WANT to look like fools?

·
Registered
345 Posts
totally agree PetrolDave just because we drive audi's doesnt mean we have a money tree to keep buying DVDs i wish someone from Audi read this forum

·
Registered
31 Posts
This would be a good idea (so Audi doesn't going to do..):

Firmware Updates: FREE.
Maps update: two versions, regional CD (Spain, Italy, Germany/NY, Texas, California...) with a low price ($60) and a continental DVD (Europe/USA) with the actual price.

This would be a better policy, don't you think so?

Regards

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
The software update is usually free as part of maintenance to fix issues. There are CDs with a real part number containing only the software. In Europe you have to have the correct DVD to work with the corresponding CD (e.g. sw 0160 with EU DVD 2004 and 2005, sw 0450 with EU DVD 2005_1 or newer). Most dealer don't know that those CDs exist but they do, in Europe and in the US.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
PetrolDave said:
tontolbote said:
Anyway I think that this is not a 2006_1 release, just a 2006, PetrolDave, when you receive it, post the right version :roll:
The seller confirmed to me by email that the DVD he is selling is 8P0 919 884 K which is the correct part number for the 2006_1 version.
DVD arrived yesterday, it IS an original 2006_1 8P0 919 884 K and was still sealed :D .

It is a map and (minor) SW update to 0460 ONLY, no TMC for the UK :( , no new languages :( .

Will try loading it this afternoon - my HW is early (047) so it will be interesting to see if I have the problems that have been reported elsewhere on early HW (044) :?:

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
PetrolDave said:
Will try loading it this afternoon - my HW is early (047) so it will be interesting to see if I have the problems that have been reported elsewhere on early HW (044) :?:
Loaded fine - no problems. Can't see any SW changes that affect the GUI.

·
Registered
156 Posts
This is ridiculous - my hats off to petroldave for buying these releases to see whats new.

Oh well we shall wait with baited breath for 2006_2 to find out there is probably no benefit in buying it either!

Might find myself a nice cheap 2005_2 on ebay just to keep vaguely up to date and have the new A120 around Stanstead - what were the changes over 2005 - was the mute button on that one or is that 2006?

Jake

·
Registered
14 Posts
PetrolDave said:
What kind of problems are reported?
I own a HW 044 model, should I avoid the newest firmware version?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
bjornb1 said:
What kind of problems are reported?
I own a HW 044 model, should I avoid the newest firmware version?
As has already been said, in this thread, by AudiA4B6US:

AudiA4B6US said:
Seems that the 2006_1 DVD got released but at least in one case does the RNS-E (HW44) no longer accept the DVD as map DVD (original, not backup).

Discussion in German on Motor-Talk.de:
http://www.motor-talk.de/showthread.php?s=&forumid=306&threadid=987242&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
The issue seems to be related to a single RNS-E, further down they said other devices got updated just fine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi,

can you tell us what the map dates are ? In 2006 edition it's 0506 IIRC which stands for June 2005.

Thanks,

Jerome

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The version number of the 2006_1 DVD is P2N060922_0506, the 2006 DVD is M1N051110_0506 and the 2005_2 DVD is M2N050520_0409.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Thanks for the details. According to this, the maps should just be the same : June 05

I guess we have to wait for 2006_2 for another update.

Cheers,

21 - 34 of 34 Posts