Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gute-Fahrt.de (a magazin pretty close to VAG) mentioned in a recent article the release of the next Euro map update, part number 8P0 919 884 K, scheduled for Spring 2006. Looks like Audi is on track with 2-3 releases a year in Europe but only one update per year in North America.

·
Registered
515 Posts
i hope they fix the MIX (random) function and bring back the "special destination - along route" option..

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
... and get TMC working in the UK.

·
Registered
142 Posts
powertony said:
..and they will add finally dutch language..
Helaas..........according to Pon, Dutch language will not be introdcued before mid 2007, and if so, one other language has to disappear, so I think it will be a long wait.............

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
Seems that the 2006_1 DVD got released but at least in one case does the RNS-E (HW44) no longer accept the DVD as map DVD (original, not backup).

Diskussion in German on Motor-Talk.de:
http://www.motor-talk.de/showthread.php?s=&forumid=306&threadid=987242&perpage=15&pagenumber=1
Do we know if the 2006_1 DVD includes TMC in the UK?

Is it possible to use the 2006_1 DVD to update the SW to 0460 and then use the 2006 DVD for the maps ... and still get UK TMC?

My German isn't good enough to follow the thread on Motor-Talk well enough.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No details have been posted there except the fact that it includes SW 0460 and that the 2006_1 is not accepted after completing the update. I will follow the discussion, if anything comes up I will post it here.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Has anybody heard if the Euro 2006_1 DVD will include Greece? I've heard of such a rumor...
Anyone with more info on the subject?

GrSpider

·
Registered
156 Posts
found this on ebay - excuse the google translated german!!

Jake

CURRENT NEWEST VERSION, AUDI DVD navigation PLUS (Rns e) WESTERN EUROPE 2006-1, newly original-packs welded. This DVD contains navigation data for the following countries Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Great Britain Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Portugal, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Czech Republic of, Vatikanstaat. Acoustic output and information in 6 languages! German, English, Francais, Italiano, Portugues, Espanol, part No.T10000-10475, 8P0 919,884 k this is a private auction. Hereby I exclude the right to return/conversion and any guarantee and guaranteeings. With the delivery of your requirement you explain yourselves in agreement with this condition. With your requirement delivery you confirm the present Treaty.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jakerade said:
found this on ebay - excuse the google translated german!!

Jake

CURRENT NEWEST VERSION, AUDI DVD navigation PLUS (Rns e) WESTERN EUROPE 2006-1, newly original-packs welded. This DVD contains navigation data for the following countries Andorra, Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Great Britain Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, the Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Portugal, San Marino, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Czech Republic of, Vatikanstaat. Acoustic output and information in 6 languages! German, English, Francais, Italiano, Portugues, Espanol, part No.T10000-10475, 8P0 919,884 k this is a private auction. Hereby I exclude the right to return/conversion and any guarantee and guaranteeings. With the delivery of your requirement you explain yourselves in agreement with this condition. With your requirement delivery you confirm the present Treaty.
I just won the eBay auction - will report back when I get the DVD.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I hate to say this but i've just found another one with more info in the description and doesnt mention the UK in the TMC list.

When are audi going to get their act together in the UK!!

>>>>>>

Original Audi (RNS-E) plus Navigations DVD Version 2006_1

You offer here on the newest version of the digitalen itinerary of Audi, version 2006_1,

The DVD is new and original in foil welds.

Digital Road Map Western Europe

This DVD contains navigations data for the following countries:

Andorra, Belgien (Belgium), Dänemark (Danmark), Deutschland (Germany), Finnland (Finnland), Frankreich (France), Großbritannen (United Kingdom), Irland (Ireland), Italien (Italy), Liechtenstein, Luxenburg (Luxenbourg), Monaco, Niederlande (Netherlands), Norwegen (Norway), Österreich (Austria), Portugal, San Marino, Schweden (Sweden), Schweiz (Switzerland), Spanien (Spain), Tschechische Republik ( Czech Republik ),Vatikanstaat ( Vatican City)

Language output and information are available in 6 languages.

Dynamic navigationvia TMC is available in Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France (Mediamobile) Germany, Italy, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.

Information on over 530 700 Points of interest ( hotels, restaurants, parking, filling stations etc. )

DVD Part No. T1000-10475

8P0 919 884 K

Pack No. T1000-10474

Western Europe 2006_1

Audi DVD

·
Registered
38 Posts
quick google on the serial nr : 8P0 919 884

RNS-E DVD Europa 2006
DVD A3 (8P0),
A4 (B6,B7),
A6 (C5)
8P0 919 884 J UVP
€ 289,00

that's not a cheap disk ( and 3 times a year ! )

·
Registered
156 Posts
8P0 919 884 K is the 2006_1 release

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
tontolbote said:
Anyway I think that this is not a 2006_1 release, just a 2006, PetrolDave, when you receive it, post the right version :roll:

Regards
I currently have the 8P0 919 884 J DVD which is the 2006 version.

The seller confirmed to me by email that the DVD he is selling is 8P0 919 884 K which is the correct part number for the 2006_1 version.

He has confirmed that he posted from Germany on Monday, so I should get it anytime soon. If it's not a K version, then he's getting it back!!!

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Dave

I don't think you will have a problem, plenty of K's out there now. I was considering buying one myself, but I'll wait to see if it is the fabled TMC disk. If it isn't then it would have been the 5th disk I've bought in 12 months for the RNS-E.

Also now I have an A8 MMI system and not the RS6, so my need is not as great for the TMC in RNS-E.

Just waiting for Audi to get their act together on the MMI updates for TMC.

Craig

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
craigyb said:
Also now I have an A8 MMI system and not the RS6, so my need is not as great for the TMC in RNS-E.
An A8 which happens to have a W12 if I've been hearing correctly!

When my RS4 Avant arrives (ordered on Saturday, expected early August) I'll be swapping the RNS-E and Bluetooth from the S4 to the RS4 - don't see why I should pay Audi for an RNS-E when I've already got one!

·
Registered
345 Posts
spoke to my audi dealer and asked about the 2006-1 disk gave him the K part number and he said its not an update for the UK its for the rest of Europe. so i asked the question on TMC he said Audi are still working on it and it is still due for release in spring end of April.
not sure if he is correct just thought i would share it

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
I suspected it wasn't TMC as the release is too low, 450 to 460.

I expected more from Audi. Maybe they are trying to stop all the "backup copies" being used by breaking older units with low FW revisions.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts