Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a guy from Germany phone me today to see if i still had my A4 and sat nav told him i have the RNS E now but took the opertunity to ask if they were realising the new Euro 2005_3 DVD with TMC in the UK he told me they will be selling the DVD new realesae in 2006 but did not know when. he didnt know anymore than that so i guess its just keep waiting and watching

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Would be interesting though if Teleatlas becomes a new partner providing maps for the RNS-E. Besides TMC in the UK, there is also a TMC initiative in the US where Teleatlas plays an important part. Since Navteq is doing XM Navtraffic, a move to Teleatlas in Europe (or at least UK) cold indicate that there is some TMC service for the US on the horizon as well. Just speculating though.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Stoodo said:
I hope Teleatlas never provides the data for the US. :(
Is it that bad?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I spent 4 hours installing a Pioneer AVIC nav unit in my Boxster about year ago. It had the Teleatlas data. Major roads that had existed for 4+ years were not on it. 30 minutes later I ripped it all out and sent it back.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I used the UK Teleatlas CD maps on my RNS-D and they were far more up to date than the UK roads on the "Audi" DVD map for my RNS-E.

Based on that experience - if Teleatlas produce a Europe DVD for the RNS-E I will DEFINITELY buy it.

I guess - as always - nobody is good at everything.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Navteq i think is better

I have to say i have used both i had the teleatlas when i had my RNS D and found the maps to be quite out of date, i have also had a VDO aftermarket sat nav that used Navteq which was bang on the nail when it came to up to date map information so i hoped it would be Navteq that took on the RNS E dvd maps but i guess we will have to wait and see i just want TMC it was a god send when i had it on my RNS D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts