Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys,

i have an eu rns-e in which the latest eu software 0450 was installed. I created an upgrade disc to change the software to the us soft. So i created an sofidx of 0460. But now the unit doesnt accept the USA DVD anymore... im using the latest 2006 US dvd but it doesnt work... the us software is correctly installed but no nav dvd doesnt work anymore...

do you guys have any suggestions how i could fix this?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
There was more changes done in 0450 firmwrae than just sofidx.
You will need to go step by step to any function on the firmware and "fake" the value. In simply words, some of the function values are higher than those in 0110 that's why your nav doesn't want to take upgrade (downgrade in your case)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
do you have any idea what kind of changes these exactly are? In which files should i take a look and compare them? Could i send you some files of the european 0450 software and you could take a look on that? You would realy help me out cause otherwise this unit is broken...

Proxus did you ever get any EU navi with the latest software working in the US?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
could someone PLEASE help me getting this unit working again? Cause now it doesnt accept any DVD... not the euro one and not the USA one.

I dont want to do any experiments with this thing cause i dont want to damage the unit.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Are you sure the US software is correctly installed? It sounds to me like it is not working if it does not accept the maps. I am not an expert on the EU->US conversion so I can't be of much more help. I suggest that you may consider sending a PM to someone like Proxus or Steve Z1 and see if they would be willing to fix your unit for a small fee.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have exprienced a similiar issue where the US DVD (2005 or 2006) is no longer recognized in a Euro RNS-E with SOFIDX 0450 or higher. US sw 0020 and 0040 work fine, so does Euro sw 0450 (with the Euro map). For now I have the US 0110 loaded but don't use the map because it's my test unit. There may be a max sofidx hard coded in the US software which prevents the use of the US DVD if the sofidx is to high. I guess we will have to wait until there is a US DVD with sofidx 0450 or higher to see what happens.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
but that would take a long time till US SOFIDX 450 or higher is out. I just want to get this unit working again then i will never touch an 0450 unit again. So how can i get this unit working again with EU or US software? Can you please help me out dirk? :)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What is the sofidx used to force the update? What are the version numbers in INDEX.TXT? Which files have been modified to force the update?

·
Registered
4 Posts
hi guys,

I experienced the same issue ...
when I inserted a beeackup version of th DVD 2006 RNS-e I got my system updating ... the problem now is that I can not use anymore the DVD 2005 ...
And as a matter of fact now my DVD backup 2006 RNS-e is not working anymore for a reason or another ...
so I'm stuck .... I tried to create another backup but no success ... tried Philips media DL without success ..

Any idea ?

Thanks

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
guys i still couldnt get this rns-e fixed and i realy need to get it working now. The sofidx of the unit was 0450 (latest euro version) then i upgraded it to us software using sofidx 0460

but now the unit isnt accepting the us disc and even not the euro dvd... i just want to make it working again with the euro software. so what can i do to get the euro software working again? No matter which version i just want the unit to be working.... thank you so much for your help guys.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.