Audi Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

is there are a possibility to cleanup the phonebook of the RNS-E?
I want to delete all contact which where copied from my mobil, just like it was as delivered.

Thanks in advance!!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Press NAME, select "Delete directory" and confirm "delete all entries?"

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dave,

for my understanding:

where is name? If I going to TEL, I have to go to "Speicher" which should be save in english, the button top left.
There I can change to adress book or mobile book. I want to erase the mobil book.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The mobile phonebook goes away everytime you turn off the car. If you have voice tags stored in the bluetooth module, you can delete them by pressing the voice button and saying "delete phonebook".

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
But in my Handbook is written and also my dealer said this, the phonebook is copied to the memory of the RNS-E.
And it must be a copy, because my phonebook between mobile and RNS-E isn't in sync.
BTW: I'm using no Bluetooth, I have a cradle from Audi.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Your phone contact list has nothing to do with your RNS-E. The contact list is downloaded to the telephone module and is displayed on the RNS-E screen. It is not stored inside the RNS-E itself.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No, I don't think so and also my dealer tells me it is not deletet after diconnecting the phone.
I think I have to go to my dealer again to erase the phonebook :?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Are you sure that your dealer is not confusing the MMI with the RNS-E. The MMI in the A6/A8/Q7 pulls down the phonebook but with my RNS-E I could never access an entry from a phone that wasn't connected at that time.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
MBj said:
No, I don't think so and also my dealer tells me it is not deleted after disconnecting the phone.
You believe your dealer ?????? :lol:

You should have seen the look on an owners face yesterday when I picked up his phone and connected it to his car by Bluetooth. His dealer had told him that because he had a phone cradle he didn't have Bluetooth! Total rubbish.

The electronics in Audi's is so complex now that most dealers just don't understand, and instead of admitting that they often say things that are totally untrue...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
No, I don't belive my dealer and I think he his a little bit confusing :D

After Resyncing my mobile phone and resetting phone settings in the RNS-E, the phonebook was syncing for nearly 10 minutes, now everything is synced again with my phone.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BTW: the numbers are realy stored in the Audi system, but I have no clue where :lol:

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I think you are the first one here that is actually using the cradle. And while we all say that the numbers in your phone do not sync over to the RNS-E, it could very well be that the numbers of a cradled phone sync with the phone interface. Just a guess though.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The RNS-E phone module (BT or not) is from Motorola (IHF 1000) and can store up to 4x1000=4000 phone numbers. this "address book" is only accessible from the phone it "belongs" too, so if you disconnect, it is still there, but you can not access it. The first time when you sync/connect your phone, it takes a while to transfer the complete phone book, but all other times it goes within a few seconds.

As far as I know, there is no way to delete this "virtual" address book, other maybe then resetting/power off the (BT) phone module, but how............?

regards

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
really? Nobody is using the cradle??
Why not, you have power, you have antenna, so for me it's better than Bluetooth.

·
Registered
142 Posts
The RNS-E phone module is from Motorola (IHF 1000) and can store up to 4x1000=4000 phone numbers. this "address book" is only accessible from the phone it "belongs" too, so if you disconnect, it is still there, but you can not access it. The first time when you sync/connect your phone, it takes a while to transfer the complete phone book, but all other times it goes within a few seconds.

As far as I know, there is no way to delete this "virtual" address book, other maybe then resetting/power off the (BT) phone module, but how............?

Using the cradle is indeed nice for power and antenna, but most phone batteries nowadays last very long (and so you can charge at home and use it for a few days) and GSM coverage is also good inside the car.

regards

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Well, most people here have either retrofit the BT interface and skipped the step adding the cradle or they are in the US where there are even fewer phones supported by available cradles. Otherwise I agree, it would be nice having a charging cradle and external antenna connection.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.