Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some reason my RNS-e, which had been working just fine, today decides that it isn't going to work anymore. When I turn the car on it asks for the PIN as it does occasionally, and when I put it in it accepts it and goes to the warning screen but almost immediately kicks back to the PIN screen asking for the PIN. Doesn't matter how many time I put it in, it just keeps looping back to this screen. Any ideas?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What car, what RNS-E? Did you try to reset the RNS-E?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
press and hold RADIO and SETUP with ignition on until the RNS-E reboots and see what happens.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That did the trick!! Thanks a million!

Just got a VAG earlier this week....any chance I could talk you into walking me through coding it so my DIS works?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Address 17 channel 62, add +4 to whatever the current value is.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm....haven't ever used a VAG so that sounds like Greek to me, but I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what you mean. Thanks again!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay I gave it a shot. Went to 17 --> adaptation --> channel 62. The value was 0 so I changed it to 4. I do in fact now have the nav info in the lower 2/3 of my DIS now. For some reason I thought it was going to show up in the top 1/3. Is there some way to reactivate that to show what radio station or track I'm listening to?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
In the B5, the previous radio may not have used CAN to talk to the DIS. In this case you will need to calculate the number from 0 based on this:

+1 Radio
+2 Phone
+4 Navigation
+8 Telematics
+16 Instrument cluster

8 and 16 do not apply to the B5, so you number is 5 for radio + navigation, and if you ever install an OEM phone interface you would use 7 = 1+2+4.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.