Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the RNS-E last week, but couldn't get everything to work correctly until a few days ago. Anyhow, I never completely put my car back together completely cause I knew I had to tweak some more stuff. I got my Radio working now with the adapter and the car is back to it's 100% fit and finish.

My latest problem is that I left my audio cd in there while taking the RNS-E out and everything and for some reason, when I'm starting it up again, it says that there is no CD and when I push eject, nothing happens. Is there a way to hard eject the CD or some buttons I can push? Please help me out guys!

·
Registered
530 Posts
You could try resetting the unit.

– Press the ON/OFF knob to switch the Navigation System off.
– Press and hold the ON/OFF knob until the display reappears and turns black.
– Release the ON/OFF knob as soon as the display has turned black. After a few seconds, the Navigation System begins its restart, or you can switch it on manually

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think I did the reset correctly and still nothing.

CD still comes up as "Empty."

Thanks for your try! Any other ideas?

·
Registered
530 Posts
Try this instead then - press and hold RADIO and SETUP with ignition on until the RNS-E reboots and see what happens.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just tried the RADIO / SETUP reboot and still the same thing.

Any other ideas?? :( :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
the cd is not sitting correctly in the drive you will need to take the lid off the rns and prize it out with a small screwdriver

this happend to my unit , must of had a big knock in transit.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks a3guy!

I must have bumped the unit pretty good when I took it out of the D-Din socket to reinstall all the leftover parts.

I was seriously afraid my drive was dead. Thanks again!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts