Audi Forum banner

Ecm Coding

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Ajedismindtrick 
#1 ·
Hi everyone here is the issue , I bought a 2004 S4 from a small used car dealer 2 years ago and I haven't had any problems with it but when it came to register my car I needed to smog it (California) and with a scanner I checked the rediness code and the Catalyst monitor was not set . I ran through all the monitors and when I get to the monitor to run the test it does not run ( it revs up to 2000rpm but never actually starts the test ) . After replacing the 02 sensors and a Oil level sensor I removed the front 02 and scoped the Cats well someone had hollowed them out and they are gone . I believe someone reprogrammed the Ecu to not run the catalyst test because why didnt the light come on for P0420 since ive owned the car ? Does anyone know how I can check for the proper coding so I can recode the Ecu to run the test or a way to see if the Ecu has been reprogrammed ? The Cats are ordered but need to reprogram to run the test so I can get this car smogged,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.