Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to play dvd movies by using the existing dvd-rom drive on the RNS-E? Would it make any difference whether you have a US version or EU version?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The official answer is NO but there rumors on German boards that there will be a software update coming out which would allow that.

Personally I think it's unlikely that Audi will offer this because the A4/A3 are not family cars and the A6/A8 use a different system. If the upcoming Q5 is using the same RNS-E then there might be an update because the Qs are more likely to have rear seat passengers.

Again, just speculation...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You can play Audio CDs as well as MP3 CDs if you remove the Navi DVD. You cannot play MP3 DVDs nor Movie DVDs.

·
Registered
515 Posts
seems weird that it will read mp3 on CDs but not DVDs.. i had a short time with a B7 at the dealership and i found the same thing, but what is the reason??

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The is no standard for MP3 on DVD like there is for MP3 on CD. It looks like reading a DVD is not the same as reading a CD (at least for non-PC devices).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Will the CD Changer play MP3 CDs?

Will a B6 S4 Cabriolet w/ RNS-E and CD Changer play MP3 CDs in the changer, while the DVD NAV is working?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Re: Will the CD Changer play MP3 CDs?

toddbecker said:
Will a B6 S4 Cabriolet w/ RNS-E and CD Changer play MP3 CDs in the changer, while the DVD NAV is working?
No MP3 CDs in the changer, just plain old audio CDs...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts