Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody or does anybody know how to put a DVD player on to the Navi + RNS-E 16:9. I have an RS4 "06" and have put in rear screens and want to hook the DVD player upto the front screen.

Anybody have any ideas?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Search for 1417, that's he audio/video adapter you need to connect a composite video signal to the RNS-E. You may also need a 1280 for video in motion but the 1280 also breaks navigation when active.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
have found a company in the UK called Nav TV they can supply me an AV input and Video in Motion for the system. Check out there web site www.NAV.TV.

Has anybody used a NAV TV product before?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have just been comparing the products from Dietz and Nav TV and the Nav TV is cheaper and the audio shops around my area tell me that the Nav TV product is better quality.

For example the product is a plug and play solution and has two inputs one Audio and Video and the other is Video so i could use the one for a DVD player and the other for a reverse camera.

And from what I have gathered the Dietz product is niether.

I dont allways go for the cheaper product but in this case i think it could be best.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
According to their website they only do an AV input lead for the RNS-e WITH TV tuner.

Their AV input for use without TV tuner is shown as only for the 4:3 sat nav (i.e. RNS-D).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.