Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI guys im a newbie to this so please be gentle with me lol . The problem iv got is iv just put in a 3.5 hdd rsh-100 multi a/v player to my A4 year 03 its working fine. But on the move i get a red screen and no picture iv been told i need a wiring module that stops this form doing this.? Can any body help with this please.Many thanks gadget4321. :(

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Words to search for are Dietz 1280, TV free, TV in motion, Video in motion. There are several way to get what you are looking for.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
gadget4321 said:
HBut on the move i get a red screen and no picture iv been told i need a wiring module that stops this form doing this.?
Your best bet is to get the Video-In-Motion lock taken off by someone like PROXUS or Craigyb.

The problem with the Dietz 1280 and modules like it is that they interrupt the speed signal to the RNS-E - and that messes up the navigation (it has to rely solely on the GPS signal so if you're in a downtown are or in tunnels or even a heavily wooded area then your position will only update irregularly). Don't get me wrong, they get videi-in-motion working, but with a big side effect.

·
Registered
515 Posts
lanny (BayrischerS4) can also do it.. he unlocked my unit!!..

·
Registered
9 Posts
PetrolDave said:
gadget4321 said:
HBut on the move i get a red screen and no picture iv been told i need a wiring module that stops this form doing this.?
Your best bet is to get the Video-In-Motion lock taken off by someone like PROXUS or Craigyb.

The problem with the Dietz 1280 and modules like it is that they interrupt the speed signal to the RNS-E - and that messes up the navigation (it has to rely solely on the GPS signal so if you're in a downtown are or in tunnels or even a heavily wooded area then your position will only update irregularly). Don't get me wrong, they get videi-in-motion working, but with a big side effect.
Is there a product available that will avoid this lag? Personally, I just want to add a backup camera to my RNS-E, but I don't want an irregularly updating nav system.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Dodge2Dub said:
Is there a product available that will avoid this lag? Personally, I just want to add a backup camera to my RNS-E, but I don't want an irregularly updating nav system.
This question has been answered MANY times - get the Video-In-Motion unlocking done & don't use any module that interrupts the speed signal over the CAN bus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts