Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
having received the dietz 1491 tv tuner kit , wondering where the best place is to locate the tuner.

i have an A3 8P someone mentioned there is no space behind the glovebox so wondering if there is space under the drivers footwell trim.

also dietz say to connect the imu to a permanent 12v is this right ?

the tv tuner has 6 cables 2 ground cables ,12v, accessory cable, 12v out, handbrake.

why 2 ground cables ? where does the accesory cable go , also where does the hand brake cable go and 12v out

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi,

You only need to worry about four of the cables from the tuner. I connected to negative the brake & ground cables. Connect a permanent 12V+ supply to the 12V, and finally I took a switched 12V+ supply from my Bluetooth connection to the accessory cable.

Regarding the IMU, I gave the supply for this from the 12V Out of the tuner (think it was the blue cable). No need to give it a permanent supply.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers

just a bit worried about where to put the tuner dont really want to put it under the seat.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
where is the best place to locate the aerials ?

i was thinking putting 1 on either side of the windscreen

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've put on on the front windscreen, in the top-left hand corner as you see it from the inside. Cables easy to run there if the tuner is in the passenger footwell. The other in the rear passenger window behind the driver.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts