Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone - as some of you know I am working to try to get sirius installed in my new a3. In looking around the forums I came across another couple things that I am curious about. When i start up the car, i get a screen that says MMI. Does that mean i don't have the RNS-e? I am in Canada if that helps. I also watched proxus' video on the Bose audio in the mmi section and noticed a menu item for bose DSP screens. Should I have this? The only sign that there is a bose system in the car is the speakers.

thanks all

Ian

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
MMI is Audi's marketing name for anything communication related. The A8 was the first with an MMI system, the A6 followed by offering an MMI Basic and MMI High system. The RNS-E is a device with MMI like controls, that's why Audi shows the MMI logo when the RNS-E boot up. It's like Windows with it's various versions that are more or less compatible.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
igoggsy said:
I also watched proxus' video on the Bose audio in the mmi section and noticed a menu item for bose DSP screens. Should I have this? The only sign that there is a bose system in the car is the speakers.
With the RNS-E that's all you see - the Bose logo on the speakers.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.