Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a definite answer as to how to modify a dual stage airbag so that it works with a single stage controller?

I've read (and re-read several times!) Proxus' excellent guide, but there is another seemingly knowledgable member who seems to think that one connector should be left out (low speed crash stage presumably).

Cheers,

Mike

·
Registered
737 Posts
I'll look back at what I did. I can't remember off hand but it wasn't hard at all. Are you modifying it to work with a single stage airbag controller?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
todd1010 said:
I'll look back at what I did. I can't remember off hand but it wasn't hard at all. Are you modifying it to work with a single stage airbag controller?
Yes, that's right - fitting a new style TT wheel and airbag into an old style TT with a single stage controller.

As far as I know, it's just a case of connecting the 2 wire 1s to the single wire 1 going to the old, single stage controller and the same with the 2 wire 2s.

Cheers,

Mike

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.