Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right now, I have the stock Symphony headunit with the in-dash CD changer in my 2006 Audi A4. If I ask the dealer to install the glove compartment changer, would I be able to use it along with the in-dash changer? My hope is to have the dealer install the glovebox changer and than retrofitt a Navi in my car.

Cheers,

Chuck
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,350 Posts
mercury26 said:
If I ask the dealer to install the glove compartment changer, would I be able to use it along with the in-dash changer? My hope is to have the dealer install the glovebox changer and than retrofitt a Navi in my car.
I installed the glovebox changer before I fitted my RNS-E - it worked fine with the Symphony II in my 2004 B6 S4, giving me 12 CD's to choose from.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
^^^ Yup, that's by design. At least on the Audi webpage it's marketed that way.

I'm also of the opinion that B6's (I can only verify MY05) already have the proper glovebox installed.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,767 Posts
Roch_Ultrasport said:
^^^ Yup, that's by design. At least on the Audi webpage it's marketed that way.

I'm also of the opinion that B6's (I can only verify MY05) already have the proper glovebox installed.
It looks like it is but the glovebox for the changer is different. The standard glovebox is closed in the back and the changer doesn't snap in.

mercury26 said:
Right now, I have the stock Symphony headunit with the in-dash CD changer in my 2006 Audi A4. If I ask the dealer to install the glove compartment changer, would I be able to use it along with the in-dash changer? My hope is to have the dealer install the glovebox changer and than retrofitt a Navi in my car.

Cheers,

Chuck
Just make sure you get the right changer, it looks like not all changers work with the RNS-E
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am going to order the changer directly from VW/Audi. Do you know the part number for the repalcement glovebox enclosure to hold the changer in a A4 B7? I looked at my glovebox, while it has a shelf in the area for the changer, the area is a little to wide, closed in the back and no openings for the cables.

Thanks,

:: Chuck
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I have the part number written down some where, from when I called the parts department and asked. I'll look for it. I do remember it was like $700.00 USD.

When I look in my glove box, it has the shelf, cut out's in the back for some wiring, and the cut out in the bottom rear for the "cooler". Looking at the part on vagparts, shows the same thing.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top