Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have posted about this previously...

Today was the third or fourth time my RNSE dropped all satellites and left me in jeopardy of getting lost. The last two times it happened I was in one of the more remote location on Long Island so it was reasonable that I might be out of sat range...I often loose XM in this area and cell reception is spotty at best.

When it happens, the number of satellites drops to zero, yet the Lat & Lon continue to update. The only way I can pick up the satellites again is to unplug the Sat antenna.. Today, doing so resulted in the number of sat's being tracked jumped to 8 when the antenna was plugged back in.

Would a hard reset do the same??? What might be causing this??

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
shawnie53 said:
you may have a short in the antenna... make sure that the antenna is good and / or replace it... also, make sure that you have the latest sw update on ur rns
Thanks...software is 0150...I just updated it.

It only happens when I go in remote areas..but that is when you really want NAV so I can't think that is the issue..

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jey said:
where or how do u update the sw??
Just remove your map DVD and insert the newer map DVD and the (2 phase) software update will happen automatically.

·
Registered
172 Posts
You may want to check the antenna itself. A fellow A6 guy lost his signals as well, ended up that the magnet that held the antenna in place behind the dash was not strong enough to hold it in place during a trip to the track, and it dropped down. He re-attached the antenna block to the spot behind the cluster again, but also used some strong velcro to hold it in place.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts