Audi Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Your RNS-E is in US mode so you have to flash it back to Euro mode. Follow the instructions in the quick links but replace V222 with V220, basically flashing a US unit to Euro mode. Yo may still need a VAG-COM to set channel 97 to 1 and get it to start downgrading (or upgrading).

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Re: I'm Confused...need help!

TonyS said:
Dadeepman said:
You will need to recode the car using your VAG cable so that it understands you have MFSW + options.
I have done that, I have 21 in that channel(62)was 17 before...still doeesn't work :( maybe it will get sorted when/IF I get the Nav working?
That's to get the DIS working, nothing at all to do with the MFSW.

It's the RNS-E coding you nede to check/change.

·
Registered
6 Posts

PetrolDave said:
It's the RNS-E coding you nede to check/change.
If you mean STG 56 (Navigation System) -> Coding -> Function 07
I have set it to

I've got no Bose, no Phone, no CD-changer or TV-tuner
But perhaps it will be working once I get the navi in order...not the biggest issue at the moment ;)

Anyways...anyone who can tell me where to get the files I need to build the downgrade CD
I only have the 2006 and 2007 Euro DVDs, from what I gather I will need files from the 2005 DVD?

·
Registered
154 Posts

TonyS said:
Anyways...anyone who can tell me where to get the files I need to build the downgrade CD
I only have the 2006 and 2007 Euro DVDs, from what I gather I will need files from the 2005 DVD?
http://vag-tool.kicks-ass.net/downloads.aspx

Now before you go downloading the EU_0800 fw I believe that's the one from the 2003 DVD.

I think you can use ANY fw version below 2005 as your starting point since you will eventually be upgrading using your 2007 DVD.

I have never worked with an EU unit so I'm not sure how this would change using the step by step link I posted above - I am concerned with having to change the softdix etc and what the new value might have to be.

You might try advertising in the wanted section or on ebay to get the 2005 DVD.

Best bet would be to get the part number to help you find exactly what you need.

8P0 919 884 C (2005-0100) Europe -- Taken from the Nav DVD disc part numbers list in the quicklinks.

Since the map DVD is quite old it should not cost very much but it's luck of the draw so GL.

HTH

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The 0080 software is only required for the VIM hack. To convert a unit, just download Klaus VIM tool from http://www.naviedit.de/, open the loading.kwi form the DVD that you have and set the source and destination region properly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The 0080 software is only required for the VIM hack. To convert a unit, just download Klaus VIM tool from http://www.naviedit.de/, open the loading.kwi form the DVD that you have and set the source and destination region properly.
I made a CD which worked fine (SOFIDX:0100 NAVVER:V220033E AUDVER:A2200109)
...until it rebooted, now it's a brick, won't start at all, just flashes the screen once every 10s or so,
can't even connect with Vag-Com...
What to do now...I've disconnected it and removed the fuse.
Do I need to reset something or just wait an hour or so and try plug it in again?

Feels like mr Murphy has got his finger in this!

·
Registered
154 Posts
Please write out step by step what you did exactly.

You shouldn't need to pull the fuse if you disconnect the unit from the harness.

Example:
I found a copy of the 2005 DVD
I copied the files to my desktop
I ran XXX and did YYYY
Then I burned the files and inserted the disk in my RNSE
The RNSE said performing update with red bar
Nav unit updated and rebooted
Nav unit screen started blinking every 10 seconds.

Just trying to get some more details as to what happened exactly.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Dadeepman said:
Please write out step by step what you did exactly.
I found a torrent of the 2005 DVD with SOFIDX:0100 NAVVER:V220033E AUDVER:A2200109
(actually I think it's a 2004 from what the version.txt says, "COMMENT=2004 ver.1;DISC=M1N040901;MAP=EN0403", but the torrent said 2005)

I ran RNSE_Vim, opened Loading.KWI and checked "Source: US" "Target:EU" and saved it,
resulting in that the file Loading.KWI was edited with V222 instead of V220 (checked with hexeditor).

I burned a CD with the files:
00.vns - A2200109.MOT - INDEX.TXT - LDM.BIN - LOADING.KWI(edited),
(and also included the DUMY0E.KWI - DUMY1E.KWI - DUMY1S.KWI,
since they were included in the EU80.zip file at http://vag-tool.kicks-ass.net/downloads.aspx)

Then I burned the files and inserted the disk in my RNSE...after I set ch97 to 1.
The RNSE said "performing update" with red progressbar,
Nav unit updated and shutdown when the progressbar was full...it tries to reboot but Nav unit screen just blinks very faintly every 7-10 seconds.
Disconnected it and let it rest for 1-1.5 hrs, plugged it in again, same thing.
Started Vag-Com and tried to connect, didn't work either.

Unplugged it and figured I'd let it rest overnight.
Tried it again this morning...it's still a brick :(

Any ideas?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Haaggie said:
try to reboot the unit by keeping the power button pushed for about 30 seconds

insert an original DVD, and see what happens
Tried that...doesn't work
Can't insert or eject anything since the machine won't start...

·
Registered
154 Posts
TonyS said:
and also included the DUMY0E.KWI - DUMY1E.KWI - DUMY1S.KWI
Not 100% sure but i think the Dummy file is what caused your RNSE to get messed up.

Considering you can't load another disk or access the unit via VAG cable your hands are pretty much tied.

Try sending Rabbit a PM to reflash your unit. I believe he has the tools to take the unit apart and do it using more complex methods and procedures.

There are VAG commands you can send to reset the unit/ eject the disc but since you cant access it .. theres not much you can do.

have you tried turning the unit on with the eject button pressed ? Will the unit even allow you to drop the face panel to get to the eject button ?

I wonder if you recreate the CD without the dummy files .. just use the 5 files (with the Klaus modded .kwi) and insert the disc and let the unit spin for a few to see if it updates again.

Of course you cant try any of that until you can get the old CD out and the new CD in.

Try disconnecting all other cables on the back and only leave the power (red) connector hooked up....maybe you'll get lucky and you can get the 2nd disc in there.

GL

·
Registered
1 Posts
MMi Navigation messed up

Right, i have download a mmi 2009 navigation dvd 1 which was 7.65 gb and i have burned the image onto a dual layer dvd, i have inserted that into my mmi system and the update become, as the update has finished the system had restarted, now the mmi system thinks that the 2009 navigation dvd which ive burned is just an update and request me for the nav dvd, i tried inserting the original 2005 version however it says its too old for the software, is there any way of downgrading the software back to 2005? or resetting it to factory so it updates the software by my original 2005 disk as my navigation is not working !!

Please help me

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Right, i have download a mmi 2009 navigation dvd 1 which was 7.65 gb and i have burned the image onto a dual layer dvd, i have inserted that into my mmi system and the update become, as the update has finished the system had restarted, now the mmi system thinks that the 2009 navigation dvd which ive burned is just an update and request me for the nav dvd, i tried inserting the original 2005 version however it says its too old for the software, is there any way of downgrading the software back to 2005? or resetting it to factory so it updates the software by my original 2005 disk as my navigation is not working !!

Please help me
You have the RNS-E, not the MMI Navigation. Get access to VAG-COM cable or visit the dealer and in device #37 channel 97 to 1, exit VAG-COM and insert the old DVD, or get a 2006 or newer DVD and use that with the 0650 software.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts