Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a donut sized spare tire for a 2014 TT. There is a space for one in the trunk. Also missing the jack. Anyone have ideas. Most grateful for help.

·
Registered
2014 A5 Premium Plus Cabriolet Quattro 2.0T
22 Posts
Looking for a donut sized spare tire for a 2014 TT. There is a space for one in the trunk. Also missing the jack. Anyone have ideas. Most grateful for help.
this is just a wild guess, but expand your search to include pieces from the same-era VW Golf and possibly Jetta, in junkyards? (the cars build off the same platform) I bet your jack is common with scads of VW Audi cars... the spare you'd have to be more careful about, especially if you have Quattro where the tire's circumference is a sensitive question. Don't quote me on exact model years, but I think your TT has maximum commonality with the 2006-2014 Golf/Rabbit/GTI - and Jetta dates around about that too - and less so with the new Golf that started coming in 2015.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
this is just a wild guess, but expand your search to include pieces from the same-era VW Golf and possibly Jetta, in junkyards? (the cars build off the same platform) I bet your jack is common with scads of VW Audi cars... the spare you'd have to be more careful about, especially if you have Quattro where the tire's circumference is a sensitive question. Don't quote me on exact model years, but I think your TT has maximum commonality with the 2006-2014 Golf/Rabbit/GTI - and Jetta dates around about that too - and less so with the new Golf that started coming in 2015.
Thanks for the information. The tire cavity in the trunk is too small for any sized 18in wheel. So I caved and bought another repair kit that supposedly does not damage the tpms.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Thanks for the information. The tire cavity in the trunk is too small for any sized 18in wheel. So I caved and bought another repair kit that supposedly does not damage the tpms.
again, I don't know much about TT-specific things, but my A5's TPMS system is the kind that works, I think, by the ABS/ESC system continually counting the rates of revolution of the four wheels, which if you have one soft tire, begins to reveal a pattern of that. So my A5 has a MMI input screen on which I can enter the fact "the tire pressures are all exactly perfect right now", and that's that in terms of it working. I believe there are no sensors inside any of the tires. I've owned the A5 from new, 8 years / 67,000 miles, and the system has correctly sounded off on soft tires at least a time or two. (I do have a Subaru which as TPMS sensors inside its tires, so I've lived with those too)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Please don't say that my TTRS is common to a Golf/Rabbit/GTI ...I'm trying to sell it on here:LOL:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Please don't say that my TTRS is common to a Golf/Rabbit/GTI ...I'm trying to sell it on here:LOL:
On here, folks should already know that - and out in the wider world, you're safe. To me, that's a win-win. No one should want a car with tire jack, alternator, fuse box, fuel tank, etc. etc. made out of unobtanium.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts