Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I"ve been speaking with someone over in Germany about getting a RNS-E for my new B6 S4. We originally made the deal with me sending him enough to cover the shipping and COD. So I wouldn't get the unit unless I paid the COD. Now he tells me that UPS won't let him do a COD and I said that I wanted a refund and that there are plenty of available units here in the USA.

He informed me he wanted to continue the deal and prove he was honest. He said he would send out the unit and once I received it, I could then send him the remaining amount and he would give me the radio code.

What do you think? I want to trust him, but things have changed since the original deal, so I'm wondering. I've NEVER been burned by anyone when buying from the internet. So if you have some ideas then let me know.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Who is he, does he post here? Its a tough decision as most are when buying from someone you dont know or dealt with before.

Bajo

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, he does post here but, I don't want to post his name because nothing has happened yet. His join date was about a month ago.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
What's your attitude to risk? Do you want to be one of the guys at the head of the pack checking things out, or are you happy in the pack where the risks are lower?

The fact that you have posted the question suggests to me that you not 100% happy with being one of the first to buy from the guy. But once his credentials have been proven, no problem.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Ask him to ship by "DHL Post Paket Land". I paid € 80 to ship a 10.3kg 53 cm cube package insured to € 1250 to Denver.

It took 14 days exactly, and no duties were assessed.

It would seem that "per Nachnahme" (COD) is available on "DHL Post Paket Land".

If you choose this route, I'd suggest you have your German acquaintence print up a rate quote for the package from deutschepost.de before heading off to the local Post. I had a hard time convincing them that it was possible to ship a package by this method insured for that amount.

Given the choice, I'd probably buy from Steve. He's a reputable guy, and I can drive down the street and rough him up if he doesn't come through.

(Just kidding, Steve! :lol: )

--phil

·
Registered
2 Posts
the guy he is talking about is me. I dont understand what makes Todd thinking im not honest... i offered that i would send the unit first to him + all the accessory and he can pay me after he received the unit. Which seller would do something like that? Im just doing that to proove that im 100% honest cause i want to get more public on this forum and want to prove im an serious seller.

As i told you todd i accept all the payment options which are safe and secure for both of us.... i would also accept escrow services or something else... i talked to DHL (Deutsche Post) and they told me cash on delivery is not possible to the USA its only possible within europe. UPS told me its possible but i needed to sign an agreement which i already did and this agreement needs to be sent to the USA and needs to be confirmed which would take about 2-3 weeks. Well some guys might think now why dont i take paypal. I used them a lot in the past and had very huge problems with them. Its a long story... on request i can send you all the details. They had stolen about 3000€ from me without any reason and dont want to pay it out.

Anyway i dont think there is any other secure method than receiving the unit first and then pay for it....

If you guys know any other way how i could proove that im honest then just let me know...

Todd im sending you my phone number now please call me and we can talk about everything. I dont know what makes you think im not honest...

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Christian, Like I said in the email let's continue on with this.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No, I'm going to give Christian a chance. But I appreciate the offer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts