Audi Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the Stock HU doesn't support CDText through the Changer Port but since the RNS supports MP3 tags I thought maybe it did support CDText. Anyone give it a try? I have a Phatbox and it would be a nice feature..although not required.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Nobody has reported yet that the RNS-E is any different than the other HUs in regards to CD text. Would be nice though...

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
The problem is the CD Changer Port - since that doesn't support CD Text the RNS-E can't.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
By port do you mean the wiring/connector or something else? I'm no expert but I would guess it has to do with the HU and its ability to interpret/receive the signal. Although I guess it could be the port?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hello!

Does anyone know the email address of firmware engineer of RNS-E ?
I'd like to ask them about cdtext.
The HU is dvdrom based, so it can read any data from cd.I think cdtext not problem , it's just a subchannel data, just need a sw update for read it.

regards

Tod

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Yeah I'm pretty sure if you email him "Mr Aisin" your requirements he will include them in the next release of the RNS-E which has now been abandoned in favour of another HW provider. :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
TeddyBGame said:
this seems like a moot point. This question comes up a lot in audiworld.

If you want text labels for your music files and your RNS-E, get the SD cards.....end of story.
I wouldn't say its a moot point but certainly not a critical requirement. But I think it would be nice to have my phatbox display the title information on the screen. But for me it would be a plus not a must have.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts