Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installing an RNS-E into 2004 S4 WITHOUT factory nav and would prefer to use the GPS extension cable run to factory sharkfin rather than an Antenna behind the cluster. The car came factory with sat radio but no nav.

Does anyone know if Audi's sharkfin (with antenna unit part No. "8e5 035 225 B") has the GPS antenna built in???

Tried searching couldnt come up with a definitive answer. I know people have done it and it is possible, but the question is whether it was on a car without the factory nav unit.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Try removing the roof-light in the rear and see how many cables you have running out of the antenna. (Just pop it with a coated flat-headed screwdriver).

·
Registered
737 Posts
You will have the GPS connection. I is located behind the right rear quarter glass trim towards the headliner. It is pretty easy to access and install. I did them same thing in my 2005 B6 S4.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Brilliant, thanks for the replys. I actually went last night and dug around the roof. I found the two extension cables located in the upper right side pillar. PITA to get to, but got it nonetheless.

How did you run the wire to the Unit? Any suggests or tips?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts