Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just a general question - Do you need a MFSW to use the BT module or can you still have the unit work (& show up in the FIS) and control it through the RNS-E?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mugen1 said:
Hi,

Just a general question - Do you need a MFSW to use the BT module or can you still have the unit work (& show up in the FIS) and control it through the RNS-E?

Thanks!
You definitely do NOT need an MFSW, you can control it through the RNS-E. That's what I'm doing (I wasn't going to give up the EU RS4 steering wheel!).

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers Dave,

I have the module on my desk here at work and just had the thought that it wasn't going to work! I'll put it down to the fact its near midnight here and I've just clocked up 16 hours.

Car is due very soon!

Out of interest, what cable did you use? I still need to organise my aerial, antenna and cable for the BT.

Cheers (yet again)

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The only way to see the contact list in the DIS or to use voice dialing is with the MFSW. All the other functions work fine without it. The MFSW does make it more convenient to make and answer calls by not removing your hands from the steering wheel and taking your eyes off the road.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NSX JR said:
The only way to see the contact list in the DIS or to use voice dialing is with the MFSW. All the other functions work fine without it. The MFSW does make it more convenient to make and answer calls by not removing your hands from the steering wheel and taking your eyes off the road.
Thanks for that, didn't realise the display wouldn't function - oh well. I wonder if it will work with my rs4 when it comes as the SW does not have the scrolly thing it has the lap timer and the sport button. :-k

Do you sell the cable, antenna and mic seperate from the Module by any chance?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Yes, I can build a package for you without the module if you want. Email me to discuss.

The DIS will work on incoming caller ID, but that is the only time you'll see anything up there without the MFSW.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mugen1 said:
Out of interest, what cable did you use? I still need to organise my aerial, antenna and cable for the BT.
I got a complete BT kit from craigyb (replacement RNS-E adapter including BT harness, microphone, antenna and module). Real easy to fit - I've done it 3 times now!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
mugen1 said:
I wonder if it will work with my rs4 when it comes as the SW does not have the scrolly thing it has the lap timer and the sport button.
The RS4 steering wheel doesn't have any of the MFSW functions.

The "+" and "-" buttons act like the buttons on the end of the wiper stalk and the "Set" button acts like the "Reset" button on the bottom of the wiper stalk.

When you have the RS4 steering wheel you get a plain wiper stalk without those buttons, but when you order an RS4 with the MFSW you get the wiper stalk with buttons so you can control the trip computer/lap timer. For me an RS4 without the RS4 steering wheel wouldn't be right (sorry to all of you in the US who don't get the choice).

·
Registered
112 Posts
BT & MFSW

Hi, A small team here is working on putting MFSW into the (now older) C5/B5 platform - which Audi are you getting? You might also like to have a look at Bjarne's CANGATE (use search). I believe it now enables you to answer phone calls without reaching across to the RNS-E - NSX-JR has a good line in buttons as well ......

1 - 9 of 9 Posts