Audi Forum banner

Do the A6, A8 and Q7 all use the same DVD?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  mksap11 
#1 ·
"Audi MMI DVD Map Update - North America - version 7 " is available for the 2006 A8 and 2006 A6. On Navteq's (and Audi's) site, version 5 is presented as the only choice if "2004-2005" A8 or "2005" A6 is selected. My '07 Q7 came with version 6.

Just curious if they're all interchangeable among the later generation A6/A8/Q7s? The corollary question is whether or not it'd be worth the $$ to upgrade to version 7?

#2 ·
IMHO it is not worth it.

MMI system was pretty well equipped with nice features from the start so firmware update is not going to do much and new maps are not a major remake either.

It is hard to adjust few hundreds cost to get minimum changes so I would rather suggest to stop by the friendly dealership and ask if they would update your NAV for free. It should take no more than few minutes and you could still use your own maps with updated firmware.

#4 ·
Thanks for the replies. Considering that my Q7 is only 2 weeks old and already includes DVD map software newer than some of the earlier Q7 adopters, I don't currently have any plans on upgrading since the 2007 version doesn't really include much new (as Proxus pointed out)

I am intrigued by the 3D POI in the RNS-Es, however. If I understand it correctly, the 2007 RND-E DVD includes a firmware update that enables/includes that functionality. I have this feature in my Garmin C550 and I sort of miss not having it in the Q7 (as silly as that sounds)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.