Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bit confused by all this SDS talk. I have the ability to use voice control on the phone prep in my A3 for dialling names and numbers and so forth but AIUI, full SDS includes the ability to switch functions on the RNS-E using voice commands too, which I don't think I have.

I have, however, seen an SDS menu in the engineering screens of the RNS-E, which has settings in which I'm too scared to touch. Does this mean I have SDS capability for function switching hidden away somewhere or not? What do these settings do exactly? I'm confoosed :)

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Do you have the rumoured 8P0 035 192 H RNS-E in your A3?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
SDS is a 400 Euro option, if you got your car new you would know that you have paid for it, if it's used I'm sure sure the seller would have mentioned it.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Vertigo1 said:
Dunno, how do I check the part number? (Bit new at all this, only had the car for 6 days :) )
Hard way - use the radio removal keys to unlock the RNS-E, slide it out and read the label on the top.

Easy way - connect to it using VAG-COM and read the part number.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Heh, both of those are "hard" options as I don't have the removal keys nor do I have a VAG-COM. Oh well.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Here's and idea..

In the A8 loaner I got this command went through the whole menu of options available with the SDS. I just had BBC install the "J" model bluetooth in my '02 Allroad after the RNS-e was installed. The "J" model of the BT has SDS integrated into the package. See what happens after you ask SDS for help.

Michael

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Re: Here's and idea..

petethepug said:
In the A8 loaner I got this command went through the whole menu of options available with the SDS. I just had BBC install the "J" model bluetooth in my '02 Allroad after the RNS-e was installed. The "J" model of the BT has SDS integrated into the package. See what happens after you ask SDS for help.

Michael
That's NOT SDS - that's the standard voice commands for the telephone.

SDS is voice commands for ALL functions of the RNS-E, and nneds a special version of the RNS-E AND software (which is only in the EU SW at the moment).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts