Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
installed instead of red in my '02 6SP M. It seems in the AW forum

http://forums.audiworld.com/a4gen2/msgs/814610.phtml

It was only available on the B6 with 3.0 and navi. Some early 2002 models got the color DIS because they ran out of the regular ones at the factory so installed the color ones in all the cars until they got supply of the red ones back in. It was ...

Anyone think my dealer can pull it off? They are really cool.

Thanks, Michael

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Michael,

In your email you said you had an Allroad in which case you can't retrofit a color DIS since the A6 4B never had that option. If you have an A4 B6/B7 your dealer can swap the cluster. Expect about $700 for the cluster (or get a new one with zero miles from somehwere else) and about an hour work at whatever your dealer charges you to get it installed.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Are you saying I can go to the dealer and ask them to install the Color DIS on my 2006 Audi A4? I did not get the trip computer option with my car (no Tech Package) but would like the color display when I retrofit a Navi unit.

Also, is their a part number for the DIS?

Thanks,

:: Chuck

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes, the prices seem about right after talking to my dealer. Also, they mentioned I cannot use the old cluster for a core, since it is a monochrome version.

So did you retrofit the wiper stalk also? I am assuming it is a plug-n-play operation, except for recoding the Immobilizer. I figure I will save this option for when I am hungry for a new mod and I have $1k to spare.

Cheers,

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
My car came with the DIS, no need to retrofit this piece. But based on what I read it's plug and play.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the monochrome DIS, but want to install the color DIS. From my understanding, you were in the same situation. Or am I incorrect?

Cheers,

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
DIS is the Driver Information System, a little computer that shows average speed, mpg, temp and so on. If you don't have the DIS you still get the miles to empty but you don't have the wiper stalk to switch between the various functions. I already had the DIS and just got the cluster replaced to get the color LCD. If you don't have the DIS you will need the new wiper stalk but that's independent from the color LCD upgrade.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Gotcha, my plan was to replace the wiper stalk and swap the Monochrome display to the Color DIS. You are correct I get the mileage remaining on my fuel tank, temperature, doors open, etc, but not full trip computer. So I was going to swap out the stalk and cluster and hope that this will provide the full DIS functionality (with the Color screen to boot).

Cheers,

1 - 9 of 9 Posts