Audi Forum banner

81 - 100 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Is the 2011 DVD Map not going to work???

Mine says SW index: 0200
HW index: H74
Map database index:
HU/Navi SW version V222029F
Boot Version V220100D
Audio SW version A2220138-190906
Serial No.: AUZBZ7G1153040

Anything wrong with that?? I already tried burning the converter twice with verbatym cd-r and it just keep on saying "please insert DVD navigation

When I insert the DVD map, it just keeps on reading it......and won't do anything else.

Help please! I want to use my RNS-E asap!

TIA!

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Radio can't get any station.
Either:
1) you've still got the SW for the wrong region, or
2) you've got the RNS-E antennas connected wrong, or
3) your antenna system is faulty, or
4) your RNS-E is faulty.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Alright, so Map works now wooooohooo
My DVD Map is just a back-up and not the original, do you think its the culprit??

but it takes a while to work...it will say "initializing........" for about more than 10 minutes!!! -_-

And for the radio,
anything I can do to check which one is faulty? I'm pretty sure antenna system and antenna wires are good though

And how can I change the region??

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
My DVD Map is just a back-up and not the original, do you think its the culprit??
I'd say it's almost certainly the culprit.

but it takes a while to work...it will say "initializing........" for about more than 10 minutes!!! -_-
And this make me think even more strongly that your laser is on it's last legs and will need replacing very soon.

And for the radio,anything I can do to check which one is faulty? I'm pretty sure antenna system and antenna wires are good though
You'll need to eyeball the antenna connections from the original car wiring through the antenna adapter to the two connectors on the RNS-E. Usually if there's an antenna fault the RNS-E will report a fault code - what does VCDS (VAG-COM) show?

And how can I change the region??
If you've got US SW running then that isn't the problem - changing the region means running the right software.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Thanks for the response

This is so much just to have a OEM navi -_-

So there must be somethig wrong with the radio then since my Nav is already working but radio is still not getting any reception :(...thought I can still change the region using the radio itself. And no codes regarding a faulty radio antenna.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi guys,
I have today tried to do the conversion from US to EU as in Australia EU works and US not.
I have did the index change, change the hex files from ozzie maps and burnt it using imgburn - changed the channel 97 to 1 and 193RNSE recognized the SW update but just after says insert audi navigation dvd without doing the update.
I burnt another copy with Nero 11 and still No can do.
Downloaded VIM - it opens up and asks for german/english language and then nothing - just a warning screen
It seems I have done everything by the book, yet it does not work.
Any ideas folks?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It seems your link doesnt work.

I tried to download VIM but when I open the file it shows me language german or english and when I press on it - it doesnt work. Not sure if this has something to do with 64/32 bit systems or simply the software no longer works. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
dude, VIM also will not work with 193 unit. Whatever you were doing, you were doing wrong. I'll repeat myself, you need to find DIY for 193 units

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
I have spoken to quite a few people right now who know their stuff and been in business for long time and everyone has said that its a NO CAN DO
Well I have to say they are wrong - on here you'll find many people that have converted an EU RNS-E to US, and there's even a thread showing how to do it on the 2010+ RNS-E.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well I have to say they are wrong - on here you'll find many people that have converted an EU RNS-E to US, and there's even a thread showing how to do it on the 2010+ RNS-E.
Hey mate. I have searched the forum and there is none. There is one member - kobra who claims he has done it - however no DIY or any explanation whatsoever. It might be one of the sellers of these units imho
I have also searched the web for at least 3 months now and you can find a lot of info on 192 units but not 193.

81 - 100 of 106 Posts