Audi Forum banner

61 - 80 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Recode cluster correctly. To get the pin you have to go to the dealer again. However, if you have bought your rns-e on Ebay, most likely its been hacked already and dealer wont be able to help you.

·
Registered
10 Posts

I purchased my unit from Kuko in Poland. This is my sw version as it came from him. It reads my 2008 maps no problem. I am trying to install a kufatec ima + alpine kce 425i and need the version to be 0200. I have a firmware disc for 0200 that looks like 0270 so I can use newer maps. I have a VAG com and I set to 1 but when I put in the CD and press nav, nothing happens. will the files in the OP work differently then the one I am using. I nottice the sw version is 110 in those files. Then I presume I will be able to pop in the newer firware cd and upgrade from there?

Thanks for the help in advance

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
the seller told me it was already hacked for VIM.
I also didn't know VIM mattered at this point. Can you elaborate?
Since you're planning on fitting an IMA and Alpine KCE-425i you're going to need the VIM hack done so that you can control your iPod when you're moving.

And it's easier to do it now rather than have to go through the whole downgrade, apply hack, upgrade for a second time.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ok, so I am kind of stuck on converting my RNS-E from EU to US. I believe that it is correctly converted, I just can't seem to get it to upgrade the software. When I go into engineering mode it shows the SW Index to still be "X---" even though the SW Version and all of that is the correct V222. When I put in my 2010-2011 US map DVD, it reads the DVD fine and it works, it just doesn't attempt to upgrade to the 0260 software. I have tried setting the adaptation channel 97 to 1 many times and it still doesn't work. Is there something I am missing?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If the last sofidx used was 0260 the channel 97 won't force it to upgrade to 0260 again. change the sofidx to 0220 and try to downgrade, the let it upgrade to 0260 using the 2010/11 US DVD.

·
Registered
12 Posts
If the last sofidx used was 0260 the channel 97 won't force it to upgrade to 0260 again. change the sofidx to 0220 and try to downgrade, the let it upgrade to 0260 using the 2010/11 US DVD.
Hmm when I did the conversion and copied the aforementioned 5 files from the original DVD, I changed the SOFIDX to 0660 (originally the EU nav had 0650). It still shows up as "X---" though. Since I used the files from the 2010/2011 US DVD, does it already have the current software and it just doesn't show it? Or does it just think it is current? So should I use those same files only this time change the SOFIDX to 0220, and leave the other V222 items in place? Sorry if this is confusing...I am getting confused :(

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
X--- usually means that the navi software (NAVxxx) is out of sync with the audio software (AUDxxx). The audio software makes the frequencies right and adds Sirius/XM support. If everything works I would leave it as is.

·
Registered
10 Posts
i got mine all updated to 200\270 version. Does this version have the VIM hack already?
I am using the 2009/2010 maps too

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
i got mine all updated to 200\270 version. Does this version have the VIM hack already?
I am using the 2009/2010 maps too
270 is unofficial software - so there's no way of knowing if it has the VIM hack or not other than seeing if you can change the value in adaptation channel 5.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hoping someone can help...

This forum has a huge amount of info, but just wanted to make sure that what I'm about to do will be ok.

I have an B7 S4, bought it here in US, shipped it to Switzerland, I managed to convert it successfully through instructions on this forum from a US nav to EU nav. So the car is back in the US again and I would like to convert the nav from EU to US.

Details:
System SW index: 0650
HW index: H72
HU/Navi SW Version: V2200815
Boot Version: V220100D
Audio SW Version: A2210141-080807

My hope was that I could take Basarab's EU to US convert disc, load it in, let it do it's stuff, then load the Maps.

I have US maps with 0110, 0150 and 0260

Cheers,
Matt

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi Basarab, thanks very much for your reply. The local audi shop said they had left channel 97 as a 1 when they had the car last on thursday. But when I put in the update CD, it shows that it recognises the CD as a software update CD 0110, but when I close the screen it does nothing and asks for the nav dvd to be inserted. I assume therefore that the channel wasn't properly set or has reset itself in the meantime. Will drop into the audi shop tomorrow morning.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
The local audi shop said they had left channel 97 as a 1 when they had the car last on thursday.
The setting of channel 97 to 1 is not "sticky", so by the time you had turned the ignition off and back on the value would have been reset to 0 - hence why the forced software update didn't happen.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just to give you guys an update, since the channel 97 value was not sticking, I went and bought an VCDS.

Successful conversion from EU to US, using Basarab's files!

Next, tried to upgrade direct to SW260, it came up with SW:X---. So got back on here, did some more reading. Went back to the car, changed the channel 97 again to 1, tried with SW150. All good. Went back in changed channel 97 to 1 again, and upgraded to SW260!

So all good, except for the fact that my nav disc is so massively scratched up it has sometimes trouble reading it. :)

Thanks everyone for your advice and for this forum!

61 - 80 of 106 Posts