Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any way to see where a POI is before selecting it as the destination, then setting the map to destination??.. or is there an easy way to get back to the list of "Wendy's"??..

i just got back from a 700mile roadtrip.. my pregnant wife wanted a Frostie from Wendy's.. i selected "route with stopover" since i already had my destination selected and searched for "Wendy's"..
it found 8-10 different Wendy's.. it shows the address (which did me no good since i didnt know the area).. i had to guess which Wendy's might be closest to my route, then "move" Wendy's as the destination, so i could select "Map Type = Destination"..
of course the one i picked was several miles off the interstate, so i had to cancel and enter in "Wendy's" again..
i had to do this 4 times before i found the one i wanted.. what a pain in the @$$!!!!!..

on my friend's Acura, you can show the POI on the map before you select it as the destination (or stopover)..

i wouldnt even mind selecting it, starting route guidance, and looking at the destination map -- if i could get back to the list of "Wendy's" with out messing "typing" it back in again..

am i missing anything??..

otherwise the RNS-E worked great other than a few little things::
-- in the middle of my trip the "CD/DVD unreadable" error popped up for a few seconds - i selected CD/SD then went back NAV and it was fine??..
-- my ME3 DVD player 'paused' / temporarily froze a few times, only 2 or 3 times thru the movie.. anyone else have this problem??..
-- lastly, my arrow would not move with the 1280 activated even after 30min.. i stopped the movie, turned off the 1280 and stopped at a rest stop for a few minutes.. when i started going again, i turned the 1280 back on and the arrow only stopped for ~1min, then started following me??.. any ideas??..

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
When you look for a special destinateion "in the vicinity" the list will come up with distance and a directional arrow. The arrow is not a cardinal direction, but instead a relative direction. Therefore, when the arrow is pointing straight ahead, that means the destination is ahead of you. Likewise, when pointing straight back it is behind you. So, you would want to choose a Wendy's that is 4 miles straight ahead instead of the one that is 1 mile to your right.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i need to experiment more with "in vicinity" -- i have used it and have seen the arrows and mileage, the reason i didnt try it was that i was in the middle of no where.. i am not sure how far away "in vicinity" will look.. thanks for the tip..

the arrows would help some, but the seeing it on the map is a better solution by far.. i hope Audi is listening -- the RNS-E is such a great system, but REALLY falls short on key features most other systems have..

i am leaving for Denver in less than a wk.. 2200 miles from LA-Den-LA :: should have plenty of time to try it out..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts