Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought a 2021 A4 Allroad. This is my third one and I love the car but for one thing: The "Start/Stop" feature. Yes, I know I can turn it off manually by pressing the button with the "A" but I am wondering if there is any way to permanently disable it or at least make it in a default "Off" mode as opposed to visa versa. The dealer--understandably--says they cannot do it but I am hopeful that someone has figured out how to overcome this annoying setting.

Thanks in advance--Michael

· Registered
1 Posts
I recently bought a 2021 A4 Allroad. This is my third one and I love the car but for one thing: The "Start/Stop" feature. Yes, I know I can turn it off manually by pressing the button with the "A" but I am wondering if there is any way to permanently disable it or at least make it in a default "Off" mode as opposed to visa versa. The dealer--understandably--says they cannot do it but I am hopeful that someone has figured out how to overcome this annoying setting.

Thanks in advance--Michael
They sell disable modules that are plug and play. You’ll need to get access behind the button location and install it inline with the factory wiring so hopefully you’re comfortable with working on your own car. It’ll require removing some trim piece(s). I bought one for my wife’s Acura RDX and just installed one in my new A5 I just bought. Got mine on Amazon. Do a search for start/stop disable and you should find one for your model and year. They’re coming down in price too…$90 for the Acura last year, less than $30 for my Audi last week.

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They sell disable modules that are plug and play. You’ll need to get access behind the button location and install it inline with the factory wiring so hopefully you’re comfortable with working on your own car. It’ll require removing some trim piece(s). I bought one for my wife’s Acura RDX and just installed one in my new A5 I just bought. Got mine on Amazon. Do a search for start/stop disable and you should find one for your model and year. They’re coming down in price too…$90 for the Acura last year, less than $30 for my Audi last week.
Great News and thanks for the info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts