Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Other than them being different subscription services what are the differences. I see that there are 2 part numbers for each service, why?

Is there anything like better reception or better buffering, faster ID tags, etc. in any of these?

8E0 035 593 D/8E0 057 593 D Sirius for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well

8E0 035 593 E/8E0 057 593 E XM for RNS-E and/or with tire pressure monitoring system, works with Concert/Symphony as well

8E0 035 593 F/8E0 057 593 F Sirius, MY 2007

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The first (or second) indicates a factory installed tuner, the other one is retail. The difference is the warranty that comes with it (one year for retail, 4 years for factory installed). I'm sure the 2007 Sirius tuner has a newer firmware and may have different reception quality, but that's just a guess.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was thinking that the newer 2007 tuner would probably have some newer/better (hopefully) firmware.

Is there anyway to check for the firmware running on each tuner? Possibly without removing the tuner itself? Maybe with the VAG?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The SAT tuner is on address 0F, I would guess VAG-COM shows the firmware version next to the part number or under advanced somewhere.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts