Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i'm pretty sure i need either the 8P0 862 335 B or 8P0 862 335 G bluetooth module for me Avant... now what i'm trying to figure out is what are the major differences btw the 2 modules...

i tried searching but nothing of interest comes up really... it seems the G might offer "enhanced" something... :?

any info would be very much appreciated indeed... TIA!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
There are no known differences between the two modules other than that the G has newer firmware loaded. I'm sure there are a couple secret differences but none have been documented so far. In any case, both the B and G module offer the enhanced phone functionality when used with the US 0110 RNS-E software and proper coding.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
G version supose to have upgraded phone profiles, but since Audi doesn't care to release updated list for either B or G (or any other model in that matter) version, you will never find out what the upgrade change is :D

Personally I still use B version even I had few G versions for sale.
For now the best source of working phones is this forum so check if your phone is listed over there. We're constantly updating this list.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys!!!

i've got a Motorola V557 which i've been told is the replacement of the V550... hopefully it will work...

·
Registered
530 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
There are no known differences between the two modules other than that the G has newer firmware loaded. I'm sure there are a couple secret differences but none have been documented so far. In any case, both the B and G module offer the enhanced phone functionality when used with the US 0110 RNS-E software and proper coding.
What exactly are the enhanced phone features?

I know dialing from the RNS-E is one of them, and I'm guessing access to the phone book, recent calls and messages are all also the 'enhanced' features. Is there a full list of them anywhere?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The older (European) insterface only allow the RNS-E to say "Please use your phone", no dialing, no phonebook, nothing. There were some posts on forums in germany that were saying that newer interface (with newer software) provide better support for some newer phones. But that's not confirmed. AFAIK there is also no complete list of all the features that should work.

·
Registered
65 Posts
the later modules definately offer more support for europe

i have an imate sp5 and i get phone book, list of received and made calls, search facility for my phonebook and probably a few other functions i have forgotten about.

·
Registered
49 Posts
2006 a4

I have 2006 A4 north American car with no Nav it has the symphony 11 which has 6 cd changer and slot for tape, which BT unite should i get I was told it is 8p0 862 335 B , or G? , does any body know where to get it from , and is get the Fiscon unite better thanks the Audi unite? , thanks for any help

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
I have 2006 A4 north American car with no Nav it has the symphony 11 which has 6 cd changer and slot for tape, which BT unite should i get I was told it is 8p0 862 335 B , or G? , does any body know where to get it from , and is get the Fiscon unite better thanks the Audi unite? , thanks for any help
The advice is always to get the newest BT module you can for your region.

For you that means in order of preference: AB, T, P, R, L, J, G, B. See here http://audiforum.us/part-numbers/7639-audi-bluetooth-tel-interface-part-numbers.html

IMHO the Audi unit is better than the Fiscon unit.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts