Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, Does anyone know the main difference between the rns 8E0 035 192 Type C and K?

I know K ones are newer, and K has speach recognition?

Do you advise against buying a C type?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If the C is like new there is no known difference. If it got used for a couple of years the DVD drive might be a little dirty and cause read errors. The K is not confirmed SDS capable although some claim they got SDS working on a K.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
So far the only unit confirmed to always be SDS capable is the 8E0 035 192 H.

As Dirk says occasional other units have been found with SDS capability.

·
Registered
5 Posts
audi A3 2007

i am about to get the rnse for my A3 2007 on ebay, but the one i am getting doesnt have a letter at the end ( 8p0 035 192 ) are they all the same? what are the differences in between them? should i get a newer rnse ? and also i am gonna retro from single to double din cause mine comes with concert, will everything be perfect after all the changes? anyone knows?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The 8P0 035 192 without letter is the very first A3 RNS-E from 2004. Check the DVD to be sure it's working and get the most recent DVD to update the software. Other than that you should be fine. Check the quick links for A3 single DIN to double DIN upgrades.

·
Registered
5 Posts
AudiA4B6US said:
The 8P0 035 192 without letter is the very first A3 RNS-E from 2004. Check the DVD to be sure it's working and get the most recent DVD to update the software. Other than that you should be fine. Check the quick links for A3 single DIN to double DIN upgrades.

what do you mean about... make sure the dvd is working? they dont last? i am very confused about this, i didnt get the nav option with my car and now i want it so bad, so my firts choice is to buy it at ebay cause i dont know any other place where they might sell new or newer A3 rnse, the unit i am getting was for EU market but it was upgraded to US software , and he also says it is only 2 months used,comes with everything like gps antenna, manual, code, wiring harness, so now i dont know what to do, should i get this one ? and also i have to get the new console and swicthes for the double din console, are these easy to get from dealer?, well my friend i am very dumb about this things so if you have any advice i would appreciate it...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I won't comment about ebay sales other than you shouldn't buy there just to safe money. Check the for sale forum here for trusted sellers in the US and Europe. You may pay a little more but most of them give you some kind of warranty that the unit doesn't break during the first few months.

If you search for "DVD unreadable" here and on other forums you will see that the DVD drive frequently stopps working in older units and there is no cheap replacement.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ok lets say that i get the 2004 rns-e for my A3, and it is in very good condition and everything works perfect, would be a problem if i install that unit in my new A3 2007?, would they be compatible?, are all the units the same? or you recomend to get the latest unit? cause the unit i am getting comes with 2007 dvd and would you recomend to retrofit my sisngle din to double din? cause my concern is if everything is gonna be the same after i do all those changes in the console...

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
aty7 said:
ok lets say that i get the 2004 rns-e for my A3, and it is in very good condition and everything works perfect, would be a problem if i install that unit in my new A3 2007?, would they be compatible?, are all the units the same? or you recomend to get the latest unit? cause the unit i am getting comes with 2007 dvd and would you recomend to retrofit my sisngle din to double din? cause my concern is if everything is gonna be the same after i do all those changes in the console...
A 2004 A3 RNS-E will work OK in a 2007 A3.

You've got to do the single-DIN to double-DIN conversion to make the RNS-E fit.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts