Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just checked with guys from Dietz and this is multimedia interface for Audi Navigation Plus RNS-E. This item is pretty new so it will take a while until it'll be available on Ebay.

System: NTSC / PAL
Price: 299 €

• Installation Guide

·
Registered
515 Posts
does this allow "video while in motion"..

does it do so by "stripping" the speed signal from the CAN, or some other way??..

i know we can not "switch" the GALA signal as was done on the CD-based Nav+..

·
Registered
515 Posts
so there is a chance we will have to purchase/install both the 1417 and the 1280/A (along with a external DVD player) for passengers to be able to watch video while in motion??

do you have a 1417 on the way to test??..

lets hope the built the function of the 1280/A into the 1417, but i kinda doubt it..

·
Registered
515 Posts
tracking info shows that my Dietz 1417, Dietz 1280 and Kufatec adapters i ordered from Stefan at Navi-center on June 6th will arrive today!!..

i doubt i will have time to hook everything up tonight, but i will post a complete install/review when i do..

·
Registered
515 Posts
nice to hear from you again PROXUS.. sorry yours are lost..

since i will be out of town this wknd and may not finalize the install for a couple wks i will do a mini write-up now..

yes, i did a quick test install over the wknd and both devices work perfectly!!!..

i spliced both devices into the adapter harness so no factory wiring manipulated and everything can be remove without a trace..

i thought i would have to recode my EU RNS-E, but it automatically recognized it and added "TV" under the source button along with "CD" & "MP3"..

once you select "TV" you can go other screens and the audio continues, so the 1417 also serves as an AUX-audio-IN for an iPod or something..

the 1280 must be switched since navigation is not possible when the 1280 is active.. with the 1280 "off", as soon as you start moving a red screen appears and says something like "viewing TV while driving is unsafe" or something like that (i will take pics) -- the movie is still audible..

flip the switch (not supplied) and after a short delay (10sec) the and movie returns!!..

it also says "TV" on the DIS..

i questioned the expense, but a clean install rocks!!..

now i just need to find an OEM ON/OFF switch for above the unit to activate the 1280..

http://www.navplus.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=502

one question i have is the 1417 says to connect to 12V ign. there isnt any 12V ign in the area.. i cant imagine it draws much power (if any when not in use) -- would it hurt to connect to all time 12V???..

i ordered a ME3 and am looking for an OEM button to use, then i will finalize the install, take pics, and post..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Just completed dietz install also

Just finished my install also. I did not go for the video in motion, just the 1417 pack hooked up to a DVB freeview digital tuner box. All works fine although I need to get a decent amplified aerial since the magnetic one supplied with the tuner is not great!.

·
Registered
515 Posts
GREAT!!..

this box

calls for 12V ign/acc..

did you hook it up to full time 12V or 12V ign/acc??.. if ign/acc where did you get??..

[/img]

1 - 20 of 21 Posts