Audi Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First congratulations by this great forum and greetings from Spain.

Well, I wanna ask about the Dietz Interfaz 1417.

Here, in Spain, a friend propietary of Audi A6 2001 + Bose (AudioPilot-GALA OFF by software) which bought this Interfaz can see the tv free on RNS-E if he extracts a internal jumper.

If re-insert the jumper, don´t work the tv free.

Somebody can confirm or deny this?

And, in a car, for exaple A4 B6 (the second generation), B7 or A3 II 8P where as digital speed also use revolutions?

cu

PD: Maybe he has a IMU 1450. I will put a photo of this jumper.

·
Registered
515 Posts
has anyone tried this yet??.. that would be pretty cool..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Has anybody tried this yet? I found at least one vendor in Germany who states that their MM interface does not break navigation. That would mean that there is a way to send a certain CAN signal and turn video in motion on. This feature may also be software dependent, the picture posted above shows sw 1.2.1.

I don't have a Dietz, otherwise I would give it a try, but for my little CarPC project it would be a requirement to have video in motion without brealing navigation.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I tried this with a 1417 sw 1.2.0 and it doesn't seem to support what you said. The 1417 came with the jumper removed and if I add the jumper it doesn't send any message to the CAN anymore (which means that TV doesn't get enabled at all). Therefore it's either a feature of the 1.2.1 software or dependent on something else.

Can you confirm that when you got your 1417, the jumper was there and it enabled TV with the jumper installed? And once you remove the jumper, TV was still enabled?

Also, is there anybody else with a 1417 and sw 1.2.1 who could verify this?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
BayrischerS4 said:
I'll test one to see if it works this week.
Thanks, Lanny, let's hope it works :?

·
Registered
4 Posts
pic on move

hi

just recived my new a4 avant
doing,rnse,bluetooth, dvd player and pic on move this week end got a/v adaptor and pic on move adaptor

will try this option of removeing jumper in deitz my save me £120

keep all informed

toastie :?:

·
Registered
210 Posts
Does not appear to work and also makes sense that it does not since the function of the 1280 is to be spliced in series wit hthe CAN signal to filter out speed signal. The 1417 is attached in parallel to the CAN so it can not interrupt the input to the RNS-E.

Test car and set-up:
2004 S4
RNS-E "J"version
Dietz 1417 software 1.2.2 (units no longer have jumpers and placing one will do as mentioned above)
Monkey Video 1/2 DIN DVD player
Custom interface harness.

-Lanny

P.S. I will try another 1417 to double check.

·
Registered
515 Posts
make sense, parallel connection is not going to be able to 'filter' speed signal..

i was going to try too, but i have old style 1417 (2 black boxes)..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
tpliquid said:
sorry for noob question, these 1417 will work with the US units?
yes, they will enable the TV option on Euro and US RNS-E.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts